Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 9 PDF errors

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I am attempting to generate a PDF from a book in Framemaker 9. I cannot begin to attempt to estimate how many times I've created this previously with no problems. Now, the PDF shows none of the formatting and is missing much of the content. Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Do you have any solutions for it?

I try to save as PDF. When I create a PS file and try to generate a PDF I get an error message and the PDF generation fails. I remind you that this document has been generated into PDF succesfully several times with no issues.

I contacted Adobe Support. They refuse to provide any for my version of Framemaker.

Regards,

Niall.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your o/s? - a vaguely remember a hotfix for Windows XP that fixed PDF drop out issues - it's a font-handling issue with Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niall,

If you provide the details of the error message that Distiller spits out, it might help provide some clues as to what's possibly going wrong in your current files. Also, which version of Acrobat, what joboptions were used, is the Adobe PDF printer instance the default for the FM session, etc., i.e. all of the usual suspects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

My OS is Windows XP. So maybe the hotfix may work. Can you provide more details?

The Acrobat version is 8.0. The Job Options are high quality print. Adobe PDF printer is the default for the session.

I don't see an error message when I run 'high quality print', the distiller runs normally it's just that the generated PDF has none of the formatting and is missing vast sections of content from the frame files. Same when I run "standard".

Thanks,

Niall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this site - http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/07/repost_hotfix_for_framemaker.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you're trying to create the archival versions of the PDF, don't use any of the PDF/A options. Use the joboptions specific for the type of deliverable required.

Since you're seeing dropouts, are these sections specific to any fonts that you're using? Also, check that your Distiller configuration is still pointing the locations on your system that contain the fonts you've used in the FM document. Distiller needs to have these explicitly set. It doesn't query the system for the font locations.

For an XP system, you need to have the MS hotfix installed that Jeff mentions. See: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/07/repost_hotfix_for_framemaker.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff/ Arnis

The hotfix has worked.

Thank you both for your help and patience.

Niall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see error messages when I try to create the PDF using the PDF/A-1b:2005 (CMYK) option. Here it is:

<PDFA ISO="19005-1:2005" COMPLIANT="false">

PDF/A Compliance Report

1.  Content

[Violation] The F key in the Annot dictionary is missing or has an invalid value.

Page 2, Occurrences: 4 

Page 448, Occurrences: 68

Page 449, Occurrences: 48

Violations: The total found in this section was 1348.

2.  Summary

Warnings: The total found in this document was 0.

Violations: The total found in this document was 1348.

This document does not pass PDF/A-1b:2005 compliance checks.

</PDFA>

%%[ Warning: Did not pass PDF/A compliance tests.. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines