2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2013 2:34 PM by joejulius9

Printing from App

joejulius9

Hello Everyone, I'm having an issue with getting good prints from images created using the PS Touch App for iPad. ( I have the latest version). It's kind of a long story, so I'll try to make it short and to the point. I scanned some medium format analog negatives, created digital files and then uploaded them to the Cloud so I can import into PS Touch. Once there, I made my adjustments using the app, saved images, then exported them to desktop for printing. I tested a 8 x 10 print and the print came out pixelated. Not horribe, but enough to be bad. I then printed a digital negative (2.36 x 1.77 in) onto transparency film with anticipation of making a 11x14 or 8x10 analog print, thinking that the small neg would be good enough for sharp prints. It wasn't. images looked like crap. I did all my resizing, ppi, dpi adjustments when scanning and printing, however it seems something has been lost in translation. Even printing at 5x7 doen't give me a sharp image, and I think at that size, it should be sharp. The crazy thing is that I'm not doing much to the images in PS Touch, mainly taking out information. Maybe going back and forth between mediums just isn't a good idea. If anyone has any insight to this problem, please share. Thanks. - Joe