4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 10:31 PM by Mylenium RSS

Win file associations - Cloud programs

David Tidwell

After installing cloud programs, Win "file associations" won't allow change to PS6. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Win file associations - Cloud programs
          pwillener ACP/MVPs

What exactly do you mean "won't allow"?  Which filetypes?

• 2. Re: Win file associations - Cloud programs
            David Tidwell Community Member

I'm trying to associate most pixel-based files (bmp, jpg, tiff, etc.) with PS6. When I go to file associations to select a program to open a particular file type, none of the Adobe 6 programs are shown as options. When I go to Browse to manually select the program exe and double click, the program file is not selected and it reverts to whatever program was initially selected when the file association application opened.

• 3. Re: Win file associations - Cloud programs
              Rave Adobe Employee

Hi David,

While changing the file association manually make sure the option 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is checked.

Capture.JPG

• 4. Re: Win file associations - Cloud programs
                Mylenium ACP/MVPs

When I go to file associations to select a program to open a particular file type, none of the Adobe 6 programs are shown as options. When I go to Browse to manually select the program exe and double click, the program file is not selected and it reverts to whatever program was initially selected when the file association application opened.

You have too many file association instated by other programs/ tools. Make those otehr tools behave by turning off their options to associate themselves with each and every file type (virus scanners, packer tools etc. do that frequently) and/or manualyl clean out your file associations using the respective options in Windows Explorer.

Mylenium