• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Adding Jquery to Muse!

Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone! I've purchased a Jquery Image Viewer from Code Canyon but I am having issues placing it in my Muse site.

Here is the link to it: http://codecanyon.net/item/smooth-zoom-pan-jquery-image-viewer/511142

In Dreamweaver I can edit the HTML file and make it work on it's own as an HTML. The problem is how do I get it to work in Muse? There is more than just the HTML file with it - it has several .JS files too in other folders. Using the Insert > HTML feature in Muse doesn't work - it just shows a broken image link.

I need step by step help with this one!

PS - here are the files associated with the plugin:

http://i42.tinypic.com/19qkyf.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

I believe that I am running into the same problem. I emailed the developer of a plugin, and he told me the following was the reason it was not working correctly. Could you help me to place the script where it is supposed to be?

It's because there are some jQuery problems on your webpage.

To fix the problem, you can try to add the html5gallery.js after your other js codes. The blue are your existing codes. You need to REMOVE THE html5gallery.js FROM THE HEAD SECTION, and move it here (the red color

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of views no answers! Anyone out there willing to help a guy out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to add all of those files into the root folder on your server. Then link to those files using the html widget in your Muse site. You will not be able to see the results until you have uploaded your site to your server and are viewing it in a browser.

Asking for a step by step tutorials on how to add 3rd party content into Muse is not really what these support forums are for. They are more for support with Muse in general which is why you are not getting a lot of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is certainly going to be some  jquery conflicts with the approach you are taking. Muse is quite limiting and doesn't encourage custom coding as much as it should. I have been able to integrate custom coding to some extent with Muse using require.js to avoid Muse jquery conflicts with plugins available on the web. If you can send me your Muse file and the jquery plugin you are working on. I might be able to help integrating it flawlessly.

See this demo (I integrate backstretch slideshow with Muse):

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5239519#5239519

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I am running into the same problem. I emailed the developer of a plugin, and he told me the following was the reason it was not working correctly. Could you help me to place the script where it is supposed to be?

It's because there are some jQuery problems on your webpage.

To fix the problem, you can try to add the html5gallery.js after your other js codes. The blue are your existing codes. You need to REMOVE THE html5gallery.js FROM THE HEAD SECTION, and move it here (the red color):

<script type="text/javascript">

if (document.location.protocol != 'https:') document.write('\x3Cscript src="http://musecdn.businesscatalyst.com/scripts/4.0/jquery-1.8.3.min.js" type="text/javascript">\x3C/script>');

</script>

<script type="text/javascript">

window.jQuery || document.write('\x3Cscript src="/scripts/jquery-1.8.3.min.js" type="text/javascript">\x3C/script>');\

</script>

<script src="/scripts/museutils.js?109693345" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/scripts/jquery.tobrowserwidth.js?317228635" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/scripts/jquery.musemenu.js?3788803530" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="html5gallery/html5gallery.js"></script>

If this does not work, please let me know. There is another solution if this does not work.

Kind regards

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kindly update jquery ......min file body of tha page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to include swipebox plugin into a web page created with muse cc. Your advise to add html5gallery.js does not work with it. please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Im trying to add Jquery to a Muse site and I wondered if you would be able to help me.  Its to integrate with Snip Cart.  I have uploaded JQuery to my root directory and followed Snip Cart instructions at no avail.  Many Thanks

Trompe-loeil Wallpaper Design Brick Effect Wallpa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I followed your link and it now looks like you have successfully added in snipcart to your muse site

Trompe-loeil Wallpaper Design Brick Effect Wallpa...‌

I am very much looking to do the same thing to my site. Would you please mind giving me a small breakdown of how you achieved this?

You would totally be helping me out,

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie

Apologies for the delay.  Snipcart is really good and works well.  I followed the Snipcart documentation at this link http://docs.snipcart.com/ Basically you add a script to your <head> you need a API test key at this point, then you take the code from snipcart and embed it as a html object into your page see below and you then alter the code details to the product and prices you want.  Note the data-item-url must point to the page where the button is embedded.  Simple x

<a href="#" class="snipcart-add-item" data-item-id="2" data-item-name="Bacon" data-item-price="3.00" data-item-weight="20" data-item-url="http://myapp.com/products/bacon" data-item-description="Some fresh bacon"> Buy bacon </a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for replying to my message that was really helpful your a nice person I hope you get some good stuff back x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for posting this, I'm in a similar scenario, I want to add various jquery features to my Muse sites, this would really be an awesome feature for designers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I need help too I created thread and nobody is responding .. I dont know why. I use jquery injector adding jquery code but please help me with my lightbox issue when u visit my test url kratosserver-001-site1.hostbuddy.com my problem is on MENU it will not auto close when nav Item is clicked to navigate scroll the page section. Please anyone want to help me with the jquery code to auto close the lightbox when Nav Item is selected ..pls I appreciate everyone, I'm running out of time frame to finish the website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Object in the Menu Bar .

At the Below of the List you will see Insert Html .

Click on the insert Html Code . and You are ready to Used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know folks, all those issues are related to muse, for whatever reason adobe has, forcing version 1.8.3 on us. Maybe it's because they know that it's the version right before it's bootstrap compatible. Jquery 1.8.3 is way outdaded! I case you are wondering if you could simply export the html and update the jquery yourself but you can't museutils has a whole lot of dependencies...

I wonder if there's a way around it, I wonder why adobe released a responsive update with a pre-historic jquery version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines