4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2013 2:00 PM by Poppsey303

Cant get books to ereader

Poppsey303

Please can you help?? I have a Kobo Glow  ereader and my computer is windows xp. I downloaded adobe digital editions 2.0. I cant get the books from my library to the ereader. when I get digital editions launched and click on library, a pop up tells me it has to close

Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  Please can you help.

• 1. Re: Cant get books to ereader
          sjpt Level 4

There are lots of issues with ADE2.0.  Among others, it doesn't support XP pre SP3, and is flakey on XP SP3.

I suggest you try v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

• 2. Re: Cant get books to ereader
            Poppsey303 Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested and down loaded 1.7.2. Thought all my problems were over but after I clicked the download button on the book to be downloaded to my e/reader, up popped a message saying;

Error getting license

License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USERv.

What do I do now. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Cant get books to ereader
              sjpt Level 4

Make sure you are using the same AdobeID on ADE1.7.2 and on the device;

and that that is the ID your books already know about.

To clean things up I suggest you start registration again.

1. Plug in device to usb.
              2. Clear device authorization (ctrl-shift-E and respond to prompts)
              3. Clear ADE authorization (ctrl-shift-D and respond to prompts)
              4. restart ADE
              5. Authorize computer with your AdobeID (not as 'no ID' if that is offered).
                It may ask automatically, or you may need menu/Library/Authorize Computer, and enter your Adobe username and password.
              6. Authorize device
                It may ask automatically, or you may need menu/Library/Authorize Device
              • 4. Re: Cant get books to ereader
                Poppsey303 Level 1

Thanks so much. E/reader up and running. I followed your instructions and result great.