3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2013 9:22 AM by shadowfax007
      • 1. Re: How can I upload a HTML file from Edge Animate to a website?
        shadowfax007 Level 1

Dom-

Not sure I follow- If all the files are uploaded to the correct location, your animation WILL play!

Can you show us the structure of your root folder?

Have you created a custom CSS file?

Have you used custom fonts?

Here are the steps to upload:

1. Go to "publish Settings" inside Edge and add the "Publish as static HTML" if you wish.  If you do this, Edge creates a folder called "Publish".  Inside this, go to the webfolder "web", grab all the contents and upload to your root folder on your site.  this is not necessary - you can publish directly from the working directory that edge creates when you set up an animation without "Publishing".

2. Make sure the HTML file, as well as the "edge_includes", "images", "css" (if you created a separate css file) and "fonts" (if you added custom fonts) folders and the 3 edge"js files" are uploaded to your root folder.

3. Using your browser of choice, you should be able to see what you made!

I emphasized the above folders and files because I have seen where if you have an external CSS stylesheet, or a custom font, without these uploaded the page WILL be blank :-)

James

• 2. Re: How can I upload a HTML file from Edge Animate to a website?
          Dom97 Level 1

still not working! Click the link below (its a picture of all the files I uploaded to webs.com). Does anything seem out of place?

• 3. Re: How can I upload a HTML file from Edge Animate to a website?
            shadowfax007 Level 1

See post to Becco under thread "Broken Internet" - Is that you?