4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2013 11:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Zoom In Timeline while Dragging

RyanWaechter24

I've been having the problem where the timeline zooms in when I try to drag clips and came across this solution:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5099556#5099556

In step 4 it says to replace the contents from the frameworks file with the new HandlerTimeline file, but when I try, I can't drag the contents into the frameworks folder (it just has a grey crossed out circle). I'm either making an obvious mistake or the instructions are really vague but either way I don't know how to fix the problem... any help would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: Zoom In Timeline while Dragging
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you sure you're talking about Premiere Elements? "Frameworks" and "HandlerTimeline" are not really part of the Premiere Elements vocabulary.

• 2. Re: Zoom In Timeline while Dragging
            whsprague Level 4

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Are you sure you're talking about Premiere Elements? "Frameworks" and "HandlerTimeline" are not really part of the Premiere Elements vocabulary.

Steve,

I clicked through the links.  It takes you to an Adobe bug fix for the Apple Retna display.  The words appear to be Apple speak.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/expert-view-timeline-zoom-in.html

• 3. Re: Zoom In Timeline while Dragging
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Just to make sure that you have not missed an important step, after you downloaded that ZIP file, did you Extract its contents to a folder on your computer? That is important.

If one is trying to drag the ZIP file, itself, it will NOT copy over to the necessary folder - its contents MUST be Extracted first.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Zoom In Timeline while Dragging
                A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

This is a known issue that has been reported elsewhere by another Premiere Elements 11 Mac user at another forum. At that other forum I found that link that Ryan is posting. There was a lot of hope at that point. But that other user could not get those link instructions to work for him. I suspect that this other user is back with Premiere Elements 10 Mac at this time.

I realize that this is a User to User Forum here at Adobe, but just maybe one of the Adobe Team might pick up on this and clarify the published suggested fix so that these Mac users can move forward with Premiere Elements 11 Mac?? If not, I would encourage the users with this issue to go direct to Adobe for clarification for theselves and others.

Unfortunately I do not have Premiere Elements Mac (any version). Otherwise I would do some first hand testing.

ATR