1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2007 1:47 PM by clbeech

Loading Array

mike93
      Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with loading an array from a text file to play flvs in sucession. I 'm using LoadVars to load the array from the text file. I can trace the array and trace elements of the array. But the problem I'm having is that the videos are not playing. This even happens when I only have one video in the array. Below is the code that I'm using. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Loading Array
          clbeech Level 3
          I think that I'd start here by taking all of the video controls out of the onLoad handler, and only use that to retreive the list, and push it into an array that is outside of this method. It is also effecting 'scope' here, and the keyword 'this' is in reference to the LoadVars Object return, so the use of it to target the FLVPlayBack Component isn't going to work. Also 'length' is a read only property of an array and not 'settable' (ie. to 1). Additionally, 'videos' is defined as an array here, and not an Object Listener, this needs to be a separate element.

So first thing, take all the video controls out, then use the onLoad handler to set up the array outside, and to trigger a method that you define to itereate through the array's playlist, using the Component's event handlers.