• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone seen this with Flash Forms / CF8?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a website that uses a few flash forms on different pages. It's on a CF8 server and the clients are generally IE6. Sometimes all works well, sometimes the flash form on a page doesn't show up.

Refreshing the browser, closing/re-opening the browser don't work. Restarting CF doesn't work.

I put the same code on another CF8 server and access with IE7 and it works fine.

Why the heck would a form show or not show intermittently when nothing has changed in the site code or server settings?

Thanks in advance.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! We have this happening now. It is happening with both IE6 and IE7. Firefox is not having a problem with them.

We are in the process of testing a migration from CF7 (standard) to CF8 (enterprise). The problem is only with CF8.

Has anyone 1) seen this and 2) found a solution?

Thanks,

db

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this on a CF7 installation. What I noticed is that it started on 10/31, which is the very date that Microsoft patches were rolled out to all of our users. The updates in question were the following:

KB921503

KB936021

KB938127

KB938829

I have NOT verified that there is a relationship, but the patches were applied IMMEDIATELY before the problems started, right in the middle of the day. It is far too coincidental to assume there is not a relationship. This is affecting my flash forms, and also some of my javascript combo boxes.

I will update when I discover more, and if others would do the same I would appreciate reading about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think I solved this by following the instructions here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=ebd0cbe3&sliceId=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation