3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 4:05 PM by vonWolfehaus

Resource interpreted as Image warning - Chrome

hpcx1

When I am viewing my Adobe Edge Animations in Chrome and Safari (with the Inspector turned on), I am receiving the following warning messages in my console:

1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript: ".../jquery-1.7.1.min.js". sample_edgePreload.js:12
        2. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript: ".../edge.1.5.0.min.js". sample_edgePreload.js:12
        3. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript: ".../sample_edge.js". sample_edgePreload.js:12
        4. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript: ".../sample_edgeActions.js".

I have replaced the complete file path with '...' to simplify the error message.

Any plans to deal with this?

• 1. Re: Resource interpreted as Image warning - Chrome
          hpcx1 Level 1

Is this not a huge issue? I was under the assumption that this could cause issues if you are running a lot of Javascript on the page.

• 2. Re: Resource interpreted as Image warning - Chrome
            kevincsftendo

I'm getting these warnings, too. And on Chrome, my Preload.js is not fully loading everything - after these warnings, I get messages about jQuery not being found, etc. Reload the page (so some items are cached in the browser), and the whole thing loads and plays the second time.

I don't know if these warnings are related to the other things not loading. But it's weird.

• 3. Re: Resource interpreted as Image warning - Chrome
              vonWolfehaus

I'm also getting these warnings. I'm following these instructions with Edge Animate 1.5 and the boostrapCallback() never fires, but the resources are loaded and the DOM is updated with what's in the comp, but it's never played (and obivoulsy there's no sym.stop in the timeline).

After the scripts (_edge, _edgeActions) are loaded as images, they're loaded as proper Scripts and executed, but as I mentioned, the bootstrapCallback isn't fired. I'm using Google Chrome.

Is there no alternative to managing multiple compositions? I haven't been able to manually load in the scripts and call AdobeEdge.launchComposition() even though I feel like I should be able to.