3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2013 2:30 PM by Joel Cherney

Facebook and inDesign

nkr315

How do I add my company's Facebook home page to a newsletter I am creating in Adobe in Design 5.5?

• 1. Re: Facebook and inDesign
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Moved to InDesign forum.

What EXACTLY do you want to do here? Do you want a link? Do you want a screenshot?

Bob

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Facebook and inDesign
            nkr315 Level 1

I'd like to have a link that others could click on (once it becomes an HTML document) that takes them to our Facebook page.

• 3. Re: Facebook and inDesign
              Joel Cherney Adobe Community Professional & MVP

(once it becomes an HTML document)

Well, we can't guess what kind of workflow you have that starts in InDesign and ends in HTML - there are too many variables. Are you new to InDesign, maybe? If you were hoping to design a newsletter and click "Export HTML" and get something that you could put online without further work, you've unfortunately picked the wrong tool. Or maybe your company already has something set up for you as an InDesign user where someone else will batter your HTML export into shape? We don't know.

Anyhow, you can define a hyperlink in the Window -> Interactive -> Hyperlinks pane. Select whatever it is that you want to turn into a link, then click on this:

button.png

and select "New Hyperlink." It will hopefully be obvious from there.

If it's not - you know where to find us. If you need to ask more questions, I'd suggest giving us some backstory, so we know what you're trying to do and what you're working with.