9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2014 9:15 AM by Rolundon

cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time

walshunca

Can someone help with this problem. I have saved it and come back to it.  Have tried to upload different images from my saved files on the computer.

No luck. Each time I try, it jumps to 50% loading and never loads anthing - this is using the Forms Central in Adobe. 

Thanks.

• 1. Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

Are you using the FormsCentral web site in a web browser, if so in which browser?  Have you tried another web browser?  Or are you using the FormsCentral Desktop application included with Acrobat XI Pro? 

Have you tried to insert an image from the web to see if that works? 

Are you working in a company where the IT department might restrict file uploads?

Thanks,

Josh 

• 2. Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time
            walshunca Level 1

I have tried to load from the web and that works. I am using the Forms Central from my desktop - I guess it is going through my Safari - I'm a Mac user.  I have tried re-starting my computer, closing the file over and over - nothing works - I cannot get ANY picture from my photos to load.  Can't drag them in.... nothing....

• 3. Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time

When you say you are using FormsCentral from your desktop, are you launching safari and signing into a FormsCentral web site from there? 

Can you try downloading and using an alternate Web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time
                KandinskyMusicChoral

Hey I see this is an older post, but I am having the same issue.  I am using the desktop app Fromscentral and I am trying to insert an image, a very small image, and I have tried both tiff and jpg versons of it, just a small logo that is like 10K file size and only ablut an inch in size, and it is stopping t 50% downloaded, exactly as the user above described.  I am using MacOS 10.8.4 and an up-to-date Firefox browser and jsut recently acquired the full creative suite. 

Also, Josh one little thing that would be VERY helpful for new users is that when you want to open and continue editing a form you have already begun, in the Acrobat Pro open/creat menus, the main strating place, it should have an option for not just create form but 'Open My Forms".  It was very frustrating earlier not to know how to get to a form I had already spent a lot of time on.  When youa re in formscentral it appears you have no control over where the form document itself (pre-pdf) is being saved.  Acrobat (or rather, formscentral) doesn't tell you that.  Is it only being saved online int he cloud?  This should not be happening.  I was told specifically when I purchased the suite that even though it is called 'cloud' you can save all files you creat locally.  It is a big probelm if that is false and misleading, both for the work I want to do and for the trustworthiness of your company and its reputation.

Maybe I am wrong and just don't know the software well enough yet, but it already seems like the interface and lack of transparency in where and how it saves things is designed to bully one into 'upgrading' to be able to do more with forms.  I expected to at least be able to do everything I could do in version 9 and to do so at least as easily.  I don't mind a learning curve, but I don't like that I can't hit 'save as' when I am working with form creation and know exactly where it is and open it directly.  That's alsways been one of the GOOD things about Adobe - they haven't fallen into the Microsoft software crap - excuse me, TRAP - of trying to figure out for you what they think you will want to do with the software in every instance including save and storage controls.  Perception is reality, so if there is marketing/sales as the impetus for how this is structured now, Adobe is shooting itself in the foot.  That's not how it got to where it is.  Just my 2 cents, in addition to my question buried back up top. 

• 5. Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time
                  seanikin

I am having the same problem. Anyone have a solution?

• 6. Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time

Hi seanikin;

Can you share an image with me that isn't working?  You can email to jcorey@adobe.com and include a reference to this post so I know what to look for. 

You are also working in the desktop application that comes with Acrobat Pro XI?  Is your form "local" or "online"?

Thanks,

Josh

• 7. Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time

Hi seanikin;

I was able to add the image you sent to a form in the FormsCentral desktop applicaiton without issue in a local form and in an online form.  I was also able to add to a form in FormsCentral in Firefox.

Are you working behind a firewall at a company with an IT department?  If you are you might want to ask them to investigate since it seams to be specific to your computer/environment.

Thanks,

Josh

• 8. Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time
                        damorocks

i'm having this same issue - very frustrating... loads to 50% and then does nothing

i have done all updates etc - and previously got images to load, hence unsure on what is happening

• 9. Re: Re: cannot load image from computer - freezes @ 50% each time
                          Rolundon

I had this same problem and was using a .JPEG image file. I converted it to a .JPG and it uploaded right away. I would give that a try.