2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 6:25 PM by NANCYANNEHOFFMAN RSS

Importing a few photos at a time from iPhoto

NANCYANNEHOFFMAN

I have been using iPhoto and have almost filled my laptop's memory.  I want to transfer my photos (because I have many shot in RAW) to Adobe Photshop Elements 10.  How do I impost one event (from iPhoto) at a time to Photshop?  I was unable to transfer the entire library.

• 1. Re: Importing a few photos at a time from iPhoto
          Barbara B. CommunityMVP

Did you want to import the whole library? What happened when you tried?

To do just some photos, export them from iphoto to the desktop, put those copies where you want to keep them, and use get photos>frrom files and folders.

• 2. Re: Importing a few photos at a time from iPhoto
            NANCYANNEHOFFMAN Community Member

Hi Barbara, Thanks for answering.  Yes, eventually, but when I tried, it canceled the attempt -not enough space.....I have already copied my entire iPhoto library to  external drives.  However (and I probably don't completely understand it) as I've been told, iPhoto only shows & works w/ jPegs, not Raw. Many, but not all of my photos are in RAW and I'd like to move up to the next level (why I purchased Photoshop).  I have done a great deal of labeling, keywording and editing my photos in iPhoto and I don't want to have to start all over again.  Am I correct in assuming that when I transfer photos from iPhoto to Photoshop, that much of the added info (editing,labelling, keywording, etc. is transfered along w/ the photo data?