10 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2013 3:52 AM by Machu Picchu Ltd

Jquery Pull Out Tabs?

Machu Picchu Ltd

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if its possible to have pullout tabs with content working inside edge?

cheers

• 1. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What do you mean exactly?

• 2. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
            Machu Picchu Ltd Level 1

Hi

I have a bunch of large squares with a smaller square as a tab on the right hand side, on a device the user slides the tab across the screen to reveal the bog square which has the content in.

does that make sense?

• 3. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
              resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, I think that would work fine. There are so many ways this could be done. What are your thoughts?

• 4. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
                Machu Picchu Ltd Level 1

Tell me about it, i'm playing around with jquery panels at the moment, i've given doing it all in edge i cant get my head around the code, jquery is new to me as well but i'm really easy to actually get some results from.

wish i could use edge like  a pro

• 5. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
                  elainecc Adobe Employee

Do you need the slide to work, or would touching the tab be enough?

-Elaine

• 6. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
                    Machu Picchu Ltd Level 1

touching is fine

• 7. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
                      elainecc Adobe Employee

If that's true, then it's easy to do this in Animate using a minimum amount of coding.  Here's how (I won't have a chance to pull something together until after this week):

• Create symbols for each one of your menu items.  Stick a div to the right of your content within the symbol
                      • Create an animation in and out with triggers in between that says sym.stop(); at the beginning and end of each animation
                      • Create touchstart events on your tabs, and call sym.play(); and save the symbol reference

There are a bunch of little gotchas with doing things this way, but it's a little hard to explain.  Hopefully this will get you started until someone can make a sample.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 8. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
                        Machu Picchu Ltd Level 1

Great thanks!!

I think i get it i'll have a play tomorrow.

One more question when i have you is it possible to make a video slideshow?

So say 3-5 buttons which when touched play a video in a rect?

I've got this working like in this tutorial

http://layersmagazine.com/embedding-video-in-adobe-edge-animate.html

But have other videos i'd like give the user the option to watch.

Cheers!

• 9. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
                          elainecc Adobe Employee

Of course it's possible, but video has a bunch of code on the back end that you'll have to fiddle around to make work properly.  There have been people on the forums who have had more experience with embedding video than I do, so you might want to look at some of those questions in the forums and see what solutions have popped up.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 10. Re: Jquery Pull Out Tabs?
                            Machu Picchu Ltd Level 1

Hey Elaine,

Thanks for that.

Sorry its been so long to reply i've been trying to figure out another app for ages now!

Anyway with the slide out tab question, i'm hoping this is something i can easily do inside of animate.

Basically when this tab is touched i want it to animate out on to the stage to reveal its content, when its done with the user simply taps it again and it animates back to its start position.

In my composition i have an symbol which contains all the content and sits to the left of the stage just showing its tab, the picture shows this better with the symbol being on the stage.

This seams like something pretty basic to me, simply a touch to make something animate on and animate off. But i cant find any videos or help anywhere for this hopefully simple interactivity.

I know the next release does have something to do with sliders so maybe that will help.

But if you can help out on this i would be eternally grateful!

Cheers

screen_02.png