12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 6:03 PM by FletcherK RSS

Wacom Cintiq, Adobe CS6, Windows 7, Pen Pressure Problem

SecondEd

Hey everyone,

I've been wrestling with this problem for a week now and I just can't seem to make any headway.  It appears to be a very 'classic' problem with Photoshop and Wacom Tablets, but I just can't seem to find a solution that helps me.  The problem I'm experiencing can best be summarized visually:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/318/f/d/cintiq_pressure_test_by_nosidda-d5kztxv.png

Soft strokes will be randomly interpreted as having FULL pen pressure (or no pen pressure, I'm not really sure).  It makes working on my art big headache.

I used CS5 and the Cintiq without this issue on my Macbook Pro.  I've heard the problem is due to an interaction between Windows and Photoshop, but the fact is that my tablet works fine in other applications (like Adobe Flash and Paint Tool SAI).

I'm sure if I scoured the forums I might find some threads to try but I'm just frustrated right now.  I attempted to resolve the issue using Adobe's phone support (who told me that Photoshop wasn't TESTED with tablets - you're kidding right?) and with Adobe's web chat support (who refused to help because I had a Mac version of Photoshop and wanted to discuss a PC-related issue).

Yes, the version of Photoshop I OWN is for Mac.  I've downloaded and am trying the lastest version of Photoshop (CS6) for the PC.  I am certainly not interested in purchasing this product if it has a major issue like this.

Look, I'm frustrated, and I just need to know either how to fix it, or a push in the right direction.

Thanks