Adobe AIR Beta Channel Update
This beta release provides access to the latest AIR 3.7.x runtime and SDK (with compiler) for Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android.
Below are some of the key features and benefits of AIR 3.7. Please see our release notes for full details.
- Android Captive Runtime Support
Android developers will now use the captive runtime exclusively when packaging their applications.
- Preventing backup of Shared Objects (iOS)
To comply with Apple updated guidelines, only user data can be backed up on iCloud. Any files that can be downloaded or generated should not be backed up and it should be marked as "DoNotBackup". This feature allows developers to control which files should be backed up or excluded using the "DoNotBackup" attribute.
- Forcing CPU Rendermode on some devices (iOS)
This feature allows developers to control the render mode on different iOS devices. Using this feature developers can turn on CPU rendering for specific iOS devices, and utilize GPU rendering for others.
- Loading External SWFs (iOS)
This feature allows developer to externally host SWFs and load them as needed. External SWFs could contain game assets, different game levels, etc. Benefits of this feature are faster initialization time, smaller apps, and more control over your game or app.
- GameInput API (Android)
This feature allows applications to communicate with attached game input devices (joysticks, gamepads, wands, etc). There is a wide range of game input devices, which have different capabilities and controls. This API is supported on devices running Android OS version 4.1 and higher. It is implemented such that it might function well with different (and possibly unknown) types of game input devices.
- 3525750 - Reloading of a SWF which contains any ABC code throws an error 3764
- 3502015 - [Android]The Arabic and Hebrew characters display as square boxes or empty text on Android OS 4.0+
- 3518290 - Reference Error 1065 thrown when external SWF loaded in application containing a SWC, ANE with same class name
- 3491282 - [Android]Poor Stage3D performance on Panasonic ToughPad FZ-A1
- 3517035 - [iOS/Android] Packaging fails for swf using OSMF with LZMA compression
- 3506238 - [iOS] An AIR button may remain in MouseOver state, instead of returning to default state when a native dialog or modal view displayed using an ANE is dismissed
- 3519820 - [Android] GameInputDevice.numControls is not correct when game controllers from multiple vendors are connected
- 3549068 - [Android] USB Debugging, When waiting for a connection, applications show black screen instead of the waiting dialog
Notable Fixes and Enhancements:
- 3520768 - [Android] No pop-up appears for accepting the invalid security certificate on 4.1.2
- 3499443 - [iOS] Java OutOfMemoryError when packaging IPA with swf compiled using FlasCC
- 3514198 - [Mac] Error code 3343 thrown when playing encrypted content
- 3504874 - [Android] Android xhdpi icons (96x96) are not supported
- 3543696 - [Android] There are duplicate icon.png files present in the res/drawable-xhdpi folder in the packaged APK
About the Beta Channel
If you would like real-time notification for announcements related to the AIR Beta Channel, please subscribe to our Twitter feed @FlashPlayerBeta, or follow the Flash Runtime Announcements forums by choosing "Follow this forum" from the right-hand menu on the Forums page.
You can find instructions for getting started with this release here: AIR 3.7 Labs Page
We encourage you to let us know what you think on our AIR Labs Forum