3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2013 2:50 PM by Brian Havlin

Sending a non-blank form

SoundscapesBrent

What I need this product to do is allow me to paste a script into a multi-line text field, and instructions in another multi-line text field, then share it with a dozen or so people. They will then read the script into an mp3, attach that mp3 and upload it to me.

What I'm encountering now is a complete inability to fill out my end of the form. I've designed a form, but there seems to be no way for me to paste in my end of the information. All I can find is a space to design a new form.

Do all forms have to go out fully blank?

• 1. Re: Sending a non-blank form
          Brian Havlin Adobe Employee

Hi,

Currently we don't support pre-filled field values. If you want to provide instructions to your form recipients, you might consider using a Formatted Text item. The recipients will be able to copy the text from the body of the HTML form.

Regards,

Brian

• 2. Re: Sending a non-blank form
            SoundscapesBrent Level 1

Thanks for the response Brian... I fear that wouldn't work. It's not important that the form come back to me with the text...only that it go out with the text and come back with the mp3 attachment.

Any chance this will be coming?

• 3. Re: Sending a non-blank form
              Brian Havlin Adobe Employee

OK. So something like the introduction text at the start of the following example form wouldn't work?

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=*Q6wymszuw7*rq8W9EhqFQ&preview

Are you concerned about the content not being formatted correctly in the body of the form?

> It's not important that the form come back to me with the text...only that it go out with the text and come back with the mp3 attachment

Note that if you were to deliver the text in a pre-filled field you would receive the script in each submission in the response table, in addition to the attachment. If you could provide the text as a Formatted Text item, the text wouldn't be included in each submission.

> Any chance this will be coming?

This feature has been requested a number of times but it's not something we actively working on. You can find the proposal and vote on it here - http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1186.

Regards,

Brian