Here's what happens now:
1. I launch a Debug configuration of my AIR Mobile app in Flash Builder 4.7 with "Standard" packaging for iOS. The app builds, and then packages; the latter part takes about 5 minutes.
2. I walk away from the computer and start making a sandwich. Mmm, pickles.
3. My app is now installed on the device, and FB4.7 shows a popup that it's waiting to connect to the app.
4. A minute or so later, this popup times-out and fails.
5. I return to the computer with my sandwich. I see that the debugger has timed out, and curse loudly, spewing chewed pickles across my computer and iPad screens.
It would be nice if the next steps could be:
6. I launch the app on the device, which then displays the "Waiting for the debugger to make a connection" popup.
7. I press an "attach debugger" button in FB4.7 and my debugger attaches.
8. My app runs with the debugger attached. Yay.
Does the button I want for step #7 exist? Is there any way to attach the debugger to the running app, or relaunch the app without rebuilding it?
Instead it seems I have to repeat steps 1-3, except that instead of being able to stop paying attention during the long build, I have to stare at a progress bar until the app build is complete, then perform step 6 above, and then I'm good to go.
Flash builder already does what you want, just in a little different way.
If you have not changed your code or assets since the last debug IPA package was generated, Flash Builder skips the packaging and debugs the application. That is, you can launch the installed application on your device and click Debug to connect to the Flash Builder debugger. This way, you can debug repeatedly without packaging the application every time.
Thanks for that, I didn't see it in the documentation!
Unfortunately this definitely does not work as described in Flash Builder 4.7.
I just packaged/launched/debugged my IPA, killed it, relaunched the app, clicked Debug, and it began packaging my app again... even though I had made zero code or asset changes. So it still packages the application every time.
Does anyone else find that this works for them in FB4.7? Maybe this is just me, or my project?