Can you tell us what Application are you activating and what is the version.
If it is an Application of Creative Suite 6 family. Please try the following steps tio get the Request Code:
1. Launch the product after installation and go to the Serial Number Validation screen.
2. Click "Having trouble connecting to the Internet"
3. Click “Offline Activation”.
4. Click “Generate a Response Code”.
5. Write down the Request Code.
6. Go to an online computer, and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated
7. Click Offline Activation.
8. Sign in with your Adobe ID. In case you don’t not have one, you create the same from this screen.
9. Enter the request code you see on the product and click Generate.
10. Write down their Response code.
11. Go to the offline computer.
12. Enter the Response Code obtained from the website.
13. Click Activate.
I am having a similar problem. I am installing Photoshop CS6 offline and get to a page that says, "Please connect to the Internet and retry" with a link to http://www.adobe.com/go/getactivated. This page takes me to a place to generate a RESPONSE code, but it asks for a REQUEST code and serial number in order to do so. Where do I get the REQUEST code? Thanks.
I just purchased Photoshop Elements 13. I'm having the same problem. Where in the holy h_ll is the request code. If Adobe keeps up this super secret twisting hoop they make their customers jump through every time we purchase one of their products then I'm finding another product to buy for my photo processing needs. Adobe is operating like a paranoid geek.