1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2013 8:19 AM by JJMack

export jpeg's from command line

maki99

Hi,

I'm looking for a light-weight command line utiliy (Windows) that converts uncompressed images to jpeg's. I've tried out a bunch of promising tools such as ImageMagick and RIOT, but I haven't found one that is close to produce images as good as Photoshop at different compression levels. They all produce a high level of compression artefacts, pixelation etc. I suppose I could use Photoshop scripting, but it's hardly light-weight. So I guess my question is, does Adobe (or anyone else) provide a more light-weight tool that has commandline support and does a good a job at producing jpegs?

Thanks,

Maki

• 1. Re: export jpeg's from command line
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I did a quick google search and found SoftTech InterCorp Image Converter .EXE is a fast and flexible image processing and conversion program, with support for reading form 110 formats and converting to 55 formats. Featuring over 40 effects which can be applied in any conversion process, even in batch mode. The step-by-step interface allows you to select files, set conversion properties (JPG to BMP), apply effects, and set how the converted photos will be named with ease. Batch support in Image Converter .EXE allows you to easily add thousands of images to be converted, and with a single click Image Converter .EXE can then convert, rename and add effects in accordance with your settings.

I don't like posting link to commercial software sites. Do a search if you want a look there seems to be a download there. The product is $26...