1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2013 11:03 AM by Lucia Lao

Forms - Creating

abryenton67

I am trying to create a form with the user just being able to check options such as Excellent, Good, Poor, etc.; I'd like the user to be able to either hover over the box or click on it to get more information or ideas on the criteria they need to make their choice. What is the best way to do this? Secondly, is there any easy way to put a comment box at the end of each question or is it best to have it at the end of the section?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Forms - Creating
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

>>  I'd like the user to be able to either hover over the box or click on it to get more information or ideas on the criteria they need to make their choice.

>>Secondly, is there any easy way to put a comment box at the end of each question or is it best to have it at the end of the section?

This is not something that we currently support, if you like you can vote for this feautre at

http://forums.adobe.com/community/formscentral?view=idea

>> What is the best way to do this?

(1) You could add first a Formatted Text field and then a Rating Scale field. You could explain all the criteria for choosing your choices (Excellent, Good, Poor...) in the Formatted Text field. Or

(2) You could add the explanation in your rating scale choices for example, "Excellent (choose this field when you meet this criteria)"  but yes, this will have to be a brief explanation. Or

(3) You could add a Help tooltip (select the Rating Scale field and enable "Include Help Text" in Field Properies panel) to your Rating Scale field, and include your explanation there.

Hope this  helps,

Thanks,

Lucia

1 person found this helpful