• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

datefield overlaps

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a page with more than one <cfinput type="datefield"> and they're close to each other, they'll overlap when you open the calendar. This seems to happen only in IE. It seems to be related to z-index. If no z-index is specified, zero is assumed, and IE puts later ones (lower on the page) on top of earlier ones (farther up the page).

So here's a custom tag called CalendarZIndexIEHack that will work around the problem. This is probably also doable using the underlying ExtJS library, but I don't have time for that when this works just as well.

Take this code and store it in a file named calendarzindexiehack.cfm and put it where your custom tags are.

Usage:

<cf_calendarzindexiehack><cfinput type="datefield" name="datefieldname" [etc] /></cf_calendarzindexiehack>

If this is fixed in a later version of CF or Ext, just remove all the code from the tag. That will eliminate having to edit all of your code when (or if) the fix is made. This will handle up to 500 date fields on a page. (Edit in the obvious place if you have more. More !?!?!)

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say that I've only tested this in IE/Windows and FF/Windows. It has no effect on FF. (But you could branch around code if the user-agent isn't IE if it bugs you).

I have not tested in other browsers or on other platforms.

Reports of your experience are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually a fault of IE itself, and is a known issue for a very long time. There are other ways around it, but using the built in datefield isn't one of them. I believe there is a JQuery plugin, with a datefield component, that can bypass this issue. Not positive, but I seem to remember it if you check the plugins page of the JQuery site (jquery.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2007 Nov 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I know it's an IE problem, but the odds of getting Microsoft to fix their bugs is even longer than getting Adobe to fix theirs which itself is as close to zero as to be immeasurable.

I'm not inclined to include yet another package and all its baggage (whatever that might or might not be).

This "RAD" development is becoming considerably less R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation