Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Java parameter to ADT launched by Flash Builder

New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm suddenly having a problem with JDK/JRE 7 that is preventing me from exporting a release build of our mobile application for iOS.

Running on Windows XP,  Flash Builder 4.7 installed as a plug-in to SpringSource Tool Suite 3.1.0 (Eclipse Juno).

During the export of release build I'm hitting the following error:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!

at java.util.TimSort.mergeLo(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)

at adobe.abc.Algorithms$Pool.sort(Algorithms.java:377)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer$Abc.sort(GlobalOptimizer.java:2667)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.emit(GlobalOptimizer.java:2787)

at adobe.abc.LLVMEmitter.optimizeABCs(LLVMEmitter.java:527)

at adobe.abc.LLVMEmitter.generateBitcode(LLVMEmitter.java:336)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.AOTCompiler.convertAbcToLlvmBitcodeImpl(AOTCompiler.java:472)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.BitcodeGenerator.main(BitcodeGenerator.java:82)

Compilation failed while executing : ADT

This appears to be a known issue with some code when migrating from Java 6 to Java 7. Seemingly you can work around this by applying the following parameter:

-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true

Unfortunately I can't find where the java parameters that are used to launch the ADT are specified:

I've found the following files and updated them to include this parameter, but changes don't seem to be picked up by Flash Builder:

<install-dir>\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\sdks\4.6.0\bin\adt.bat

<install-dir>\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722\AIRSDK\bin\adt.bat

Can anybody here help? Frustrating as this used to work. No idea what's changed.

Thanks!

-jmh

PS - I've also tried rolling back to JDK/JRE 6. Same export release build process is giving a different errors about an uncaught C exception.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strangely, if I run the generated Java/ADT command from a command line in the 'bin-release-temp' folder it will compile the IPA successfully (no additional parameters added). Not sure why this is running differently from w/in Flash Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines