Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to generate printed documentation using word2010 and windows 7

May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation:  New computers with Microsoft Windows 7 installed and upgrades to Robohelp 10 and Microsoft Word 2010... I am opening and upgrading old robohelp html projects to Robohelp 10 and then trying to generate printed documentation in Word 2010.  Receiving error message after save and generate:  'Microsoft Word has not been started on this computer.  Launch Word and click the 'Start using Microsft Word' option before generating Printed Documentation again.' I cannot find this option to make this work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps just try opening Word, creating a simple document and closing Word?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Rick has indicated, Word must be opened and run before Rh can use it. Opening Word the first time creates registry entries that Rh needs. That is the only time I have seen that message, it is not really an error message, it is just stating the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp