5 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2013 4:27 PM by AnkitCh

unable to configure video, CQ5.6

AnkitCh Level 1

Hi,

I just tried configuring a video on a page using the instructions as given in http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/wcm/default_components/VideoComponents.html , I have also installed FFmpeg and included its path to the system variable PATH as noted in the document. I have restarted CQ server but when I drop the video on "Drop the asset" the video starts playing in the browser and doesn't get configured. The format of the video is mp4. Please advise.

Thanks

Ankit

• 1. Re: unable to configure video, CQ5.6
          AnkitCh Level 1

Hi,

I have been able to add the video now. I have now copied the video to dam and dragging the video from there and can see the placeholder for video. However, the video is not playing. All I can see the video placeholder with white screen. Below given is the image that shows the same. Any suggestions ?

CQ5_vid.jpg

Thanks

Ankit

• 2. Re: unable to configure video, CQ5.6
            Sham HC Level 7

Hi Ankit,

Most likely the ffmpeg is not correctly configured. To test the transcoding of the different video profiles, open "Tools" and navigate to "DAM > Video Profiles". Here you can test each video profile and see if any errors are returned. Mostly likely CQ is not finding the ffmpeg executable or the correct codecs are not installed.

Thanks,

Sham

@adobe_sham

• 3. Re: unable to configure video, CQ5.6
              AnkitCh Level 1

Hi Sham,

Thank you for the response. I have tested each video profile using an mp4 video and found the test result to be success each time. Could you please let me know what else do I need to do in order to configure and play the video. Any step that I am missing or something that I need to do to make the video play.

Thanks

Ankit

• 4. Re: unable to configure video, CQ5.6
                Sham HC Level 7

Hi Ankit,

I do not see you have missed any settings.  At my instance having [1] & works without any issue.  Did you see any errors in the logs when uploaded video into assets.

[1]

1. Installed AEM 5.6
                2. Configured path variable to C:\PROGRA~1\ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q16-windows\ImageMagick-6.7.1-6
                3. Used the sample http://a1408.g.akamai.net/5/1408/1388/2005110405/1a1a1ad948be278cff2d96046ad90768d848b4194 7aa1986/sample_mpeg4.mp4.zip

Thanks,

Sham

@adobe_sham

• 5. Re: unable to configure video, CQ5.6
                  AnkitCh Level 1

Hi Sham,

Here is what I have done :

1) Installed ffmpeg at C:\mercer\ffmpeg_static and configured the system variable PATH to the same value C:\mercer\ffmpeg_static\bin. When I did ffmpeg -version, here is the screen grab :

CQ5_vid_002.jpg

2) I have also installed the strobe player component but could not get it to play. Here is the screen grab of the error I get on the page whenever any video is configured:

CQ5_vid_003.jpg

3) I have also checked the logs but don't see any error.

4) I have also uploaded and configured the video you sent but could not get it to play.

5) Also, could you please let me know what is this path "C:\PROGRA~1\ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q16-windows\ImageMagick-6.7.1-6" exactly and what is it used for ?

Do let me know if there is anything else that I need to try or is there any concise documentation that I can refer to.

Thanks

Ankit