2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2013 9:29 AM by kendallplant

Cannot open my files!

OttawaBruce Level 1

My Photoshop CS6 shuts down EVERY time I try to open a new file. It started occuring a few hours ago. I have sent the "Adobe Crash Report" and am pretty frustrated. Any suggestions? I'd rather not have to wait until tomorrow to call.

I am not a beginner... I've been using PS for years... and this is the first "glitch" for me.

• 1. Re: Cannot open my files!
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Good day!

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by pressing command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift while starting Photoshop until the appropriate dialog appears after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)

Regards,

Pfaffenbichler

• 2. Re: Cannot open my files!
            kendallplant Adobe Employee

Hi there, because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

To help others help you, please read through this article and provide any additional relevant details.