0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2007 7:38 AM by DEfusion

OS X Flash Player + Flex Modules + Embedded Assets cause errors

DEfusion
      I'm getting some strange errors when using modules which have embedded assets, the module will load fine the first time it loads after compile, but after then everytime I load the module I get lots of the following errors (once for each embedded asset, images, fonts etc.):

TypeError: Error #2023: Class Test__embed__font_EmbedTrebuchet_medium_normal_1428760394$ must inherit from Sprite to link to the root.
      at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()
      at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/mx.core:FlexModuleFactory::deferredNextFrame()[E:\dev\flex_201 _borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\FlexModuleFactory.as:365]
      at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/mx.core:FlexModuleFactory::update()[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk \frameworks\mx\core\FlexModuleFactory.as:262]
      at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/mx.core:FlexModuleFactory::moduleCompleteHandler()[E:\dev\flex _201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\FlexModuleFactory.as:454]

However this only seems to be happening on OS X and seems related to the flash player, I originally had 9.0.47 installed, but got the 9.0.28 version of the debug player to try (which gave the same errors).

I've tried to access the same application from a Windows machine and vice versa and the errors only occur when viewing the application from OS X. Also this only seems to happen when I'm using the debug version of the application, the release version seems to be okay - but obviously this is making developing the application difficult when I'm on OS X.

I have tried the latest beta version of Flash Player 9 also, but as that doesn't have a debug version it doesn't really tell me if it resolves the issue or not.

I can't find any reference to this error elsewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-D