2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2013 8:02 AM by Peter Spier

Spreads re-alignment

Tara_Rawr

I am making a final report for a project. Initially I started off with somthing like 20 pages and 10 spreads. Since then I have added pages and deleted pages so that I am now at 64 pages and 37 spreads. The problem is that while adding/deleting pages, some of my spreads are now only one page and some of them are completly un-aligned with the other pages, I don't know how this happened. All I did was click on the previous page and say 'add page'. For example: pages 3-4 are in a spread, page 5 is by itself on one side of a spread and pages 6-7 are in a spread. So my question is, how do I make sure there are two pages in every spread?

• 1. Re: Spreads re-alignment
          Tara_Rawr Level 1

Nevermind, I just figured it out, I had been playing around with it so much that I got frustrated but as soon as I went back to it everything went ok. So what I was doing wrong was when I dragged the pages in the preview, the bracket icon wasnt showing up so it just made each newly moved page into its own spread. What I had to do was drag the page and hover my cursor slightly next to the page in the spread that I wanted it to be in and then drop. A bracket and not a line will show up and tell you when it will be added to the existing spread. I hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Spreads re-alignment
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sounds like you have page shuffling turned off, either for isolated spreads of the whole file.