5 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2013 4:02 PM by Nancy OShea

Get Fluid Grid Div Handles Back

rml97

I was wondering how to get the green Fluid Grid Handle Divs back. My designer had played around with the file and I am guessing he manually changed one of the columns because one of the divs is no longer green. I was wondering how I can change it back to a fluid grid div again (green)?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Get Fluid Grid Div Handles Back
          Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Go to Window > Visual Aids or click on the EYE icon.  Enable Fluid Grid Layout Guides.

If your designer tampered significantly with the Fluid Grid CSS Layout, it might not be possible to revert back again.  Always keep backups of files.

Nancy O.

• 2. Re: Get Fluid Grid Div Handles Back
            rml97 Level 1

Thanks for your response Nancy.

I do have fluid grids visible (there are some boxes that are still green but there are a few that turned clear). Do you happen to know how to change the clear boxes back to green?

• 3. Re: Get Fluid Grid Div Handles Back

I'm guessing your "Designer" messed this up. 

Can you post a URL to the problem page?

Nancy O.

• 4. Re: Get Fluid Grid Div Handles Back
                rml97 Level 1

Thanks Nancy!

Here's the link... It's super rought right now. I just have some dummy content inserted: http://www.gofree.com/123-LAC/

Basically, I'm having trouble with the right column. It disappears (drops below) when you make the page a specific size between tablet and desktop (it's purposefully supposed to disappear when it goes into mobile). I thought it was the box images, but when I removed the boxes, the text still drops down... is there a way to fix this?

• 5. Re: Get Fluid Grid Div Handles Back

Start over.  Clearly your designer doesn't have a clue how to work with FGLs.   And I can't blame him/her too much.  These layouts are very tricky, even for the most experienced web designers.

I highly recommend you NOT tamper with FluidGrid.css or Boilerplate.css.  Use a separate external style sheet for content styles.   That way, if something goes wrong, it won't spoil your entire layout and you can easily revert back.

Build mobile layout first.  Everything else is based on this.  Then Tablet and finally desktop.

Before handing files over to someone else ALWAYS save dated backups in case you ever need them. 

Nancy O.