5 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 3:19 PM by Barbara B. RSS

Adobe Elements

dbevill Community Member

Will Adobe Elements work on a computer that is NOT connected to the internet?

• 1. Re: Adobe Elements
          Barbara B. ACP/MVPs

Yes, but you must let it go online one time to activate itself or it will stop after 30 days. Aside from that, in PSE 11 the only thing that requires an interet connection is anything in the album templates or the graphics panel that has a blue banner across one corner. Those items must be downloaded the first time you use them. After that they reside on your computer, whether you have an internet connection or not. In older versions of PSE it's anything with a blue or gold banner.

• 2. Re: Adobe Elements
            dbevill Community Member

If I buy a boxed copy of PSE 11 with a disc, do I still go on line to activate it? It should come with a license. I plan on running the program on a desktop computer and an internet connection is NOT available. Can't I call to get an activation number if I need one? I don't care about album templetes or the graphic panel.

• 3. Re: Adobe Elements
              Barbara B. ACP/MVPs

Yes, it must contact adobe one time to send information about the computer on which it is installed. This is the case for all versions from PSE 8 onwards.

EDIT Activation is a "silent" process. You have no way to interfere in it, for good or ill. There is no form to fill out, no number to type, so no, they can't give you an activation over the phone, I'm afraid.

• 4. Re: Adobe Elements
                dbevill Community Member

Thanks for you answer. The Adobe sales department gave me a completely different answer. They said, if I buy the program on a disc, it will run just fine, but,as you indicated above, there will be a couple of things that will not work. I afraid that I will not be able to buy and use this program because of this internet requirement..

Thanks again, Doug

• 5. Re: Adobe Elements
                  Barbara B. ACP/MVPs

Yes, I'm afraid that's the situation. Personally, I think activation annoys legit users to no purpose while not stopping pirates for even 30 seconds, but that's not how adobe sees it, unfortunately.