12 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 10:20 AM by RicardoMetrovision RSS

Collect function

RicardoMetrovision

We have 9 PCs running CS6. The collect function doesnt work in AE in two of them. The machines are identically configured.Could it loose the collect functionality? Regards, Ricardo

• 1. Re: Collect function
          Klaus_Brandenburg Community Member

What do you mena by "doesn't work"? Do you get an error message, does it just collect your project file but not the footage (this is a setting in the collect dialogue) or something completely different?

You need to be a little more specific I guess.

• 2. Re: Collect function
            Todd_Kopriva Adobe Employee

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

• 3. Re: Collect function
              RicardoMetrovision Community Member

Hi,

Ok I understand. Basically we are running W7/64 bits. We didn't install

the latest updates so we are gonna do it but we didn't in the others as

well and they're working fine. The source is Quicktime (prores 422) and

quicktime is installed.

We made a new project with just two clips on the timeline and we did a

collect. It did it the first time and then it didn't do it anymore.

The machines are i7, 12GB RAM and NVidia Quadro 2000.

We have this machine as the others that are doing it well. The same

plugins and codecs.

Regards and thanks in advance !!

icardo

• 4. Re: Collect function

RicardoMetrovision wrote:

It did it the first time and then it didn't do it anymore.

Again, what exactly didn't it do anymore? Exactly as in "We get an error message." or "There is just a project but no collected files" or whatever exactly is not happening.

• 5. Re: Collect function

Hello,

When you hit collect the app open a window. Then you choose "all" for

instance and if then you hit OK nothing happen. It should show you where

to save it but we can't reach that point, just the windows that appears

at the beginning when you hit "Collect". No errors, just the same window.

Thank you for your assistance !

Ricardo

• 6. Re: Collect function

Collect doesn't have an OK button. Does you collect menu look simmilar to this one? Does it show you the right ammount of files if you select "All"? Are you able to click on "Collect..."?

1.PNG

If you can press "Collect..." do you see the dialogue where you can create a folder that your project and footage is collected into? Are you able to click on "Save" once you entered a folder name in the input field?

2.PNG

If you were able to press the "Save" button, did you see a progress bar? Depending on the number of your files and the size this be very fast?

3.PNG

Now this is done, is there a folder where you created it (prior to clicking "Save")? Does the folder have another footage folder as well as your project and an report file? If you only have a project, did you really select collect all? If you only have a report file, can you post it here?

• 7. Re: Collect function

Hi Klaus,

That's the window.

yes it shows the right amount of files. Then we are able to click

"collect" and then it tries to fade out but quickly you have got the

same windows again.

It never takes you to the dialogue where you can create a folder that

your project and footage is collected into.

Thank you !

Ricardo

• 8. Re: Collect function

Hi Klaus,

Any idea about what the collect issue?

Do you need more info?

Thanks in advance !

Ricardo.

• 9. Re: Collect function

Actually I have no idea what's causing this. I just asked all those questions because it was quite unclear from your previous descriptions how things are not working on your machines. I'm quite amazed nobody came up with an answer so far. Hmmmm.

Is there any difference with those machines that are capable of collecting and thos that can't. Is the project on a local drive or on the network or a external drive? Can you Ram preview or render the comp on the machines where collect doesn't work?

• 10. Re: Collect function

Hi Klaus,

No difference between the PCs hardware configuration and applications.

The projects are stored in a local disk. One more thing, it even fail

with a new project with just two clips in the time line.

The render works on the PCs where collect aren't.

Thank you !!

Ricardo.

• 11. Re: Collect function
                              Pierre Devereux Community Member

Hi Ricardo,

I had the same issue the other day while trying to collect a project using my Windows 7 PC. I couldn't select the "Collect" button - it just kept re-highlighting itself. I managed to fix it, but you are going to hate this answer..., after closing After Effects through the Task Manager, re-opening the project and trying again, it worked. I am not assuming you havent tried this, and I am also not assuming that this will fix your issue. I just thought I would mention it, in case it is some sort of bug, then you will know it has happened to others as well - and so that you dont think you are going crazy!

Sorry I cant give you a proper answer though.

Pierre

• 12. Re: Collect function

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for share your experience !!

I'll try it  just to see and let you all know.

Best.

Ricardo.