1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2013 4:28 PM by Michael J.A. Smith

scout is not working in every condition

MaxXu34 Level 1

Scout is currently not working in every browser or AIR app on my PC.

I had tried everything I could and it still not working.

And I noticed everytime I start Scout it will create .telemetry.cfg under "$User$\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\UserHome", even after I uninstall Google Chrome, that is so weired.

• 1. Re: scout is not working in every condition
          Michael J.A. Smith Adobe Employee

I assume you're running Windows, in which case you might be running into an issue with the path that Flash Player is using for the configuration file (.telemetry.cfg). Flash Player recently changed the path it uses from under %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%, to under %USERPROFILE%, and Scout 1.0 doesn't know about this (it'll be fixed in Scout 1.1, coming soon).

Please check whether these environment variables point to the same place (you can just copy them into the address bar of explorer, and see where it takes you to). If they don't point to the same place, then you'll have to manually create a hard link to it:

1) Open the command line (cmd.exe) - you'll need admin permissions, open with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

2) Run the following command:

mklink /H %USERPROFILE%\.telemetry.cfg %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\.telemetry.cfg

If this isn't your problem, make sure you've followed all the steps in the FAQ of the getting started guide: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/scout/articles/adobe-scout-getting-started.html