• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash crashing on ESPN

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash crashes on the ESPN site whenever a page has flash content.  I downloaded the debugger and this is the what I'm getting:

SecurityError: Error #2121: Security sandbox violation: Loader.content: http://opf.ooyala.com/3rdparty/ESPN_analytics_v3_37.swf cannot access http://secure-us.imrworldwide.com/novms/gn/3/ggce354.swf. This may be worked around by calling Security.allowDomain.

at flash.display::Loader/get content()

at modules.nielsen::ggCom/makeGGSwfConnection()

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at SetIntervalTimer/onTimer()

at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()

at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Flash works OK on other sites

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Thanks for the reply.  Figured it out though.  I got to thinking about the error message "Security sandbox violation", which made me wonder if it might be an issue with my firewall.  It updates itself all the time and was therefore one thing that might have changed recently (Flash was working fine on ESPN until yesterday).  Sure enough that was the problem.  I use Agnitum's Outpost Pro, but I was still using version 7.  So I tried upgrading to the latest version (8) and my Flash problem disapper

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point me to the specific URL of the page that crashes, and tell me what browser, OS and version you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  Figured it out though.  I got to thinking about the error message "Security sandbox violation", which made me wonder if it might be an issue with my firewall.  It updates itself all the time and was therefore one thing that might have changed recently (Flash was working fine on ESPN until yesterday).  Sure enough that was the problem.  I use Agnitum's Outpost Pro, but I was still using version 7.  So I tried upgrading to the latest version (8) and my Flash problem disapperared.  Same settings, as it kept them through the upgrade, so I'm not sure what the issue was.  It's gone now though, so I'm happy.  It was crashing on any Flash content on ESPN. Worked fine everywhere else I tried.  I tried IE, Firefox and Chrome, all latest versions.  Same thing on all of them.  Had the latest released Falsh, even tried this beta, same thing.  I'm using Windows 7 Version 6 (Build7600).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be that this was an ESPN bug; however, we shouldn't crash. 

The message lays it out -- some analytics widget they're using attempted to access some other analytics/ad widget, but didn't have permission to do so:

http://opf.ooyala.com/3rdparty/ESPN_analytics_v3_37.swf cannot accesshttp://secure-us.imrworldwide.com/novms/gn/3/ggce354.swf.

They probably noticed and fixed it at some point.

Firefox has the best crash reporting for our purposes.  If possible, I'd like to get links to the crash reports if they were recorded.  We might be able to do some forensics and figure out what the problem was.

In the address bar, type about:crashes and click on the links that correspond with the time you encountered the crash. 

Click through the resulting page/pages, and just paste the links in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie,

I have the same problem, but have not been able to resolve it.  My flash player only crashes when I go to ESPN.com.  On the homepage, it always has a video that autoplays, and after about one minute, I get the popup message that states: WARNING: Unresponsive plugin...

I always submit a crash report when it asks at the top of my browser (Firefox 31.0)  Below are the links that you may be able to analyze since you asked for them in the above post.

Report ID                                                                                              Date Submitted

Crash Data for Firefox                                                                             9/2/2014    7:47 PM   

Crash Data for Firefox                                                                             9/2/2014    7:29 PM

Crash Data for Firefox                                                                             9/2/2014    7:20 PM

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/about/throttling                                         8/30/2014    11:35 PM

I also have a problem with flash crashing when using Weatherbug Desktop on my PC (Windows 7).  Always have an issue with it.  But that's a seperate problem.  Please let me know if you need to know anything else.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, there's nothing on the call stacks but Firefox and Flash passing messages.  A message got lost or was transmitted out of order between Firefox and Flash, so communication hung and the Firefox hang prevention logic killed it.

I don't think that ESPN uses encrypted video, but you might try blowing away your DRM tokens and local Flash settings.  Just go to Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Browser Data and Settings > Delete All, and Protected Content > Deauthorize This Computer.  Restart Firefox and see what happens.

If that doesn't help, launch Firefox and choose Help > Restart With Add-Ons Disabled.   Does the problem go away?  If so, it sounds like a third-party plug-in in causing compatibility problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines