6 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2013 11:46 AM by chidwack

Premier Pro CS6 fails to launch at "Loading ExportQuickTimeHost.bundle" OS X 10.6.8

chidwack

Hello all.

Creative Cloud member. After working fine all last week, PP now can't get through the launch whether I open a project from the finder window or try to start the program cold from the dock, applications folder, or through Spotlight.

I've run a "repair permissions" on the main disk,  rebooted (2x),  run "fsck -fy" in single user mode foloowed by another permissions repair. No Joy.

AfterEffects and Encore are also affected. Encore loads up  the blank workspace but then hangs before the project (or the project picker) loads. Audition, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator are not.

Of course this happens as my deadline approacheth. Argh!

Help a guy out?

• 1. Re: Premier Pro CS6 fails to launch at "Loading ExportQuickTimeHost.bundle" OS X 10.6.8
          chidwack Level 1

Here is the dump log from Console:

Process:         Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 [307]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

Identifier:      Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

Version:         ??? (???)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [231]

Date/Time:       2013-05-03 13:03:00.424 -0400

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          689340 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           179

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   5

Anonymous UUID:                      93F4014D-2A1C-4944-8788-E6A8B0A22038

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   com.adobe.premiere.frontend             0x000000010c72b748 FE::Application::AttemptPanicProjectSave() + 18

1   com.adobe.premiere.frontend             0x000000010c78327c UnixInterruptSignal(int) + 44

2   libSystem.B.dylib                       0x00007fff88b741ba _sigtramp + 26

3   ???                                     0x00007fff5fbfa160 0 + 140734799782240

4   com.adobe.QT32Client.framework          0x000000010d0c035a QT32Client::QT32Client::Initialize(ASL::InterfaceRef<QT32Client::QT32ServerManager, QT32Client::IQT32ServerManager> const&, bool) + 36

5   com.adobe.QT32Client.framework          0x000000010d0c3330 QT32Client::Create() + 272

6   ...rterQuickTimeHost.framework          0x0000000128402e2c ExporterQuickTimeHost::OnStartup(exportStdParms*, exExporterInfoRec*) + 28

7   ...rterQuickTimeHost.framework          0x000000012840662e PrExporterModule<ExporterQuickTimeHost>::ExportEntry(int, exportStdParms*, void*, void*) + 68

Edited rest out at request.

• 2. Re: Premier Pro CS6 fails to launch at "Loading ExportQuickTimeHost.bundle" OS X 10.6.8
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

chidwack wrote:

Hello all.

Creative Cloud member. After working fine all last week, PP now can't get through the launch whether I open a project from the finder window or try to start the program cold from the dock, applications folder, or through Spotlight.

I've run a "repair permissions" on the main disk,  rebooted (2x),  run "fsck -fy" in single user mode foloowed by another permissions repair. No Joy.

AfterEffects and Encore are also affected. Encore loads up  the blank workspace but then hangs before the project (or the project picker) loads. Audition, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator are not.

Of course this happens as my deadline approacheth. Argh!

Help a guy out?

Can you try what is suggested in this knowledge base doc? http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

If some apps still won't launch, I suggest an uninstall and reinstall of those programs. The uninstaller is in the application folder for each application.

In the future, please don't copy/paste crash reports in the forums. If you must, just use the first 30 lines or so. That's what engineers look at most of the time.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 3. Re: Premier Pro CS6 fails to launch at "Loading ExportQuickTimeHost.bundle" OS X 10.6.8
              chidwack Level 1

I'll head that way. Thanks for the response.

I've edited down the console log

Thanks again.

-C

• 4. Re: Premier Pro CS6 fails to launch at "Loading ExportQuickTimeHost.bundle" OS X 10.6.8
                Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

chidwack wrote:

I'll head that way. Thanks for the response.

I've edited down the console log

Thanks again.

-C

Thanks much! Often, solution #2 will fix this issue. Let us know what works so I can add it to the database.

• 5. Re: Premier Pro CS6 fails to launch at "Loading ExportQuickTimeHost.bundle" OS X 10.6.8
                  DVAsupport

Please disable the switchable graphics if you are working on a Macbook & set the NVIDIA card as the default GPU. restart the machine. If you are still not able to launch premiere pro then see if you are able to launch GPU sniffer! If you aren't able to launch GPU sniffer then please install the NVIDIA CUDA drivers for your Graphic card. If still Premiere Pro freezes on loading Quicktime bundle then reinstall Premiere Pro.

• 6. Re: Premier Pro CS6 fails to launch at "Loading ExportQuickTimeHost.bundle" OS X 10.6.8
                    chidwack Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that if the same issue hits my MBP. This was on my MP, with a Quadro 4800, and new drivers etc didn't fix it. Ended up re-installing the CS6 video suite, and everything is working again.

Thanks again for the effort!