I have purchased CF Builder and now am trying to set it up to connect to a website that already has ColdFusion on it.
The company that set this up for me is no longer offering support so I am learning to program in ColdFusion as fast as I can.
I am running this on a Mac with plenty of speed and memory.
I have watched the video a number of times
and I sent it off to my web engineer to get the right information to go in the corresponding blanks.
This is what he sent back
Server Name: MyName not the server name
Host Name: localhost
Server Type: LOCAL
Port Number: 8809 or 8843
Server Home: (location on the server)
Document Root: (path to folder on the server several folders deep)
Obviously he didn't get it either and he has been programing in CF for years. According to the forum, we are not the only ones confused by the video. So rather than spending hours on the phone trying to get to the right department that can answer the question I am hoping you can help solve this faster.
- Which blanks or fields pertain to the remote host and which pertain to the CF Builder? I can only guess that the RDS user name and password are for the new CF Builder program I purchased. (Right?)
- The Server Name, I'm guessing is in this case NOT the "localSrv" shown in the video but actually the REMOTE server name. (Right?)
- The Application Server has to do with how CF is set up on the Remote Host. (Right?)
- Host Name. Again NOT Local like it shows in the video but this should be the IP address of the Remote Server so in my case it should be XX.XX.XXX.XXX right? Not the URL (website.com) and no http:// or anything else.
- When I entered the Host Name (the IP address of the remote server) the Auto Select did not change to "Is Remote" so does that mean I am not entering the right information or am I missing something?(I did change it manually)
- Under "Local Server Settings" (which is confusing since I am trying to set up a Remote Server) What Is A "Server Home Path"? does this refer to something on the remote server or is it supposed to be the file I want to use on my local computer (like I do for DreamWeaver)? From the video it sounds to me like you are talking about the remote server settings since you ask about "Stand Alone" or "MultiServer" instance but it would be very helpful if you gave a little more insight into what you want exactly.
- Same goes for "Document Root", is that on my computer or are you talking about the location of where CF resides on the remote server? Again, it says "Local Server Settings" but it sounds like the video is referring to the "Remote Server".
- I take it the "Version" is what is running on the remote server?
Am I correct in assuming that if I manage to get the right information/answers into the above fields that this is all it will take to hook up to the Remote Server? Or are there more blanks I will need to fill in beyond what I ask here?