8 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 10:11 AM by Scott V

Trouble moving photos.

JGMD1

I have moved my photos and it says they are moved but when I open Revel, no photos and no libraries to open either.  I did back up on my computer but not all the photos were backed up either. 

• 1. Re: Trouble moving photos.
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

• First, are you logging in using the same email as you did on Photoshop.com?

• Did you already have a Revel account when your files were migrated? If you did not, then the photos would move to(your name her) 's library. If you already had an account with an existing library and photos, then migrated files would be moved to a library named "Photoshop.com library". To change libraries, use the menu on the upper left at adoberevel.com, or go into Settings, if on iOS or Mac.

Let me know if that helps.

Pattie

• 2. Re: Trouble moving photos.
            JGMD1 Level 1

I had an account but not a Revel account, I had to move my photos.  In the box on the upper left when I click the drop down arrow nothing appears in it and I can’t type in it.  Now what?

• 3. Re: Trouble moving photos.
              Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

I did see that  your photos have been migrated. There shows an image count of Total Count: 3,854. To confirm, when you log into Adobereve.com you don't see a title for the library?

Here is a screen shot of my library. Do you see any name if you click on the drop down menu? If not I will see what happened to the migration of your account. If you can try to click the "Add Photos" to see if you can upload images to your Revel account.

Thanks

Scott

revelweblibraryscreenshot.jpg

• 4. Re: Trouble moving photos.

You have a Revel account that was created from the migration. I confirmed your files are  in a library called "John's Library". Try logging in to the email you used for Photoshop.com and you should see them.

Pattie

• 5. Re: Trouble moving photos.
                  JGMD1 Level 1

There are no names in the file when I click the drop down menu, it is just a black box and stays that way. When I click add photos it does not seem to find my photos, when I open elements it says the file is empty.

• 6. Re: Trouble moving photos.

I will send you an email so that I don't have to put your adobe id online. I can help you find your files.

Pattie

• 7. Re: Trouble moving photos.

Joe-

I am glad you were able to login and see your files after installing the upgraded browser and rebooting.

Regarding your question on the ability to load files to Revel from Elements 10:

Elements 10 does not have connectivity to Revel since it was designed to work with Photoshop.com. Since Photoshop.com storage is being discontinued, photos were moved to another cloud storage that we provide, Revel. Elements 11 has some connectivity to Revel for uploading and downloading, but does not do a full automatic sync like you may be used to from Elements 10. If you want to continue to use Elements 10 for editing, it will work just fine, but after you edit and save photos, you will need to exit the program and upload your photos to Revel from your hard drive.

Pattie

• 8. Re: Trouble moving photos.
                        Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

I wanted to let you know that since you were an an Photoshop.com Elements Basic 20GB (Annually) paid subscriber, you are entited to a free one year of Revel premium. The Revel Premium was added to your account after the pictures were migrated. You will have unlimited uploads to Revel for the year.

Enjoy

Scott

1 person found this helpful