Hello to you all.
I have been reading you for years, but normally do not write because of my poor English.
Following various discussions I think (and hope) that I have assembled a good PC that will be used primarily with Photoshop (at the time CS6). I use it for my website for photographs (Canon 5D mark ii) and for the photographic manipulations.
My questions are as follows:
1. Depending on the configuration you put it under, on which SSD drive should I put Windows 8?
2. Should I have a dual boot with Windows 7 for compatibility problems?
3. Is Windows 8 compatible with all major plugin? (OnOne, AlienSkin, Autofx, Nik Software).
4. Is Windows 8 compatible with actions such as Miranda, CMA, MCP, Craig's action etc?
In case I would need to have both Seven and Eight I believe that there is no choice: the two OS on the SSD and 250GB (I think ..) on the scratch disk 128GB SSD.
But in this case where do I put my programs? They are normally used to hold OS and programs on different partitions (preferably different disks). Or maybe I should give a partition of the WD Red as scratch disk and put the programs on the 128 GB SSD?
And a last question (for the moment):
Where do I put the pagefile and hiberfil.sys?
Having 64GB of RAM these two files are huge and, among other things, in a Desktop PC I would say that hibernation is useless.
What do you think? The 3TB WD is still to be partitioned and I must also add two 1TB drives that are in the current computer as a. I also have several external storage drives for backup.
Since I can still do everything, I would like to get some advice from the "gurus" I have been reading of for many years
Here is the configuration and thank you for any help you can give me.
1. Thermaltake Level 10 GT E-ATX Modular Tower Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS USB3.0 Snow Edition
2. Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 LGA2011 Heatpipe Cooler w/ NF-P14 140mm & NF-P12 120mm PWM Fans
3. Intel Core i7 3930K 6 Core 12MB 3.2GHZ Hyperthreading Unlocked LGA2011 Processor No HSF
4. G.SKILL RipjawsZ F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL 2X32GB (4X8GB DDR3-1600 CL10 Sandy Bridge E 1.5V Memory Kit) (tot. 64GB)
6. ASUS P9X79 ATX LGA2011 X79 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 1PCI SATA3 USB3.0 SLI CrossFireX Audio Motherboard
7. 2X Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 980MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Cardin SLI
8. Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+ Silver ATX 12V V2.3 Power Supply 20/24PIN w/ Silent 135mm Fan
9. Western Digital Red 3TB SATA3 64MB Cache 3.5in Internal Hard Disk Drive HDD
10. Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 256 GB SATA 6GB/s Solid State Drive
11. Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 128 GB SATA 6GB/s Solid State Drive
12. Microsoft Windows 8 64Bit English DVD