12 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2013 4:26 AM by iDidge

extension manager problem

iDidge Level 1

Hi,

Adobe photoshop don't show in the products list in adobe extension manager.

I'm on Creative Cloud.

What can I do?

Thanks

DC

• 1. Re: extension manager problem
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Extension Manager Forum.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: extension manager problem
            Xiaoyi Tong Adobe Employee

Hi Didier,

Which Extension Manager version are you using? One thing you have to know is, Extension Manager only manages extensions of the same creative suite products. For example, Extension Manager CS6 can manage extensions for Photoshop13.0, but cannot for Photoshop 12.0 or 12.1.

Xiaoyi

• 3. Re: extension manager problem
              iDidge Level 1

Hi Xiaoyi,

Thank you for responding.

I'm using Extension Manager CS6 with CS6 suite. All the CS6's app are showing up in the products list, except Photoshop.

Didier

• 4. Re: extension manager problem
                ngdurbx

Not an answer -- a further question: I have the complete Mac/MountainLion CS6 cloud suite installed and updated via Application Manager ... NONE of the "products" (InDesign, Photoshop, etc) show up in Extension Manager. How do I get EM to see the apps? I tried the command line to "locate" product ... terminal goes out to lunch and never comes back -- and no product shows in EM ...

• 5. Re: extension manager problem
                  Carl Sun Level 4

Have you ever moved or renamed installation folder of CS6 products? During Extension Manager CS6 launch, it will get installation path of CS6 products from PCD (Product Configuration Database) firstly, and check whether the product is actually installed in that path. If you moved or renamed installation folder, it will be different from what saved in PCD, so Extension Manager will not list product.

To check whether the actual installation folder of products is consistent with PCD, you can launch "Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS6" and input "BridgeTalk.__diagnostics__;" (exclude double quotation mark) then select "Debug"->"Run". The product information will be output in the Javascript Console at the top right corner of window. You can check whether the product path is right.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: extension manager problem
                    iDidge Level 1

Thanks Carl. Useful information. I've checked. The path is NOT right. It point toward an another older disk where photoshop was first installed.

How can I fix it?

Didier

• 7. Re: extension manager problem
                      iDidge Level 1

Forgot to tell that I'm on mac…

• 8. Re: extension manager problem
                        ngdurbx Level 1

I ran the report and a portion is included below. Not sure what the results mean -- did it find  Extension Manager and Flash Builder? If it DID find two of the products, the implication is that the paths weren't changed/renamed?  If I can query the PCD, can I also alter/fix the PCD? What is the remedy for the problem?

Targets: 2
                        Connector = PCD
                        Installed: 0
                        Running: 0
                        exman-6.0:
                        Path = /Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CS6/Adobe Extension Manager CS6.app
                        Display Name = Adobe Extension Manager CS6
                        MsgAuthentication = ON
                        MsgDigest = ON
                        ESTK = OFF
                        BundleID = com.adobe.exman
                        Status = (not running)
                        ExeName = Adobe Extension Manager CS6.app
                        flashbuilder-4.5:
                        Path = /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7.app
                        Display Name = Adobe Flash Builder 4.7
                        MsgAuthentication = ON
                        MsgDigest = ON
                        ESTK = OFF
                        Status = (not running)
                        ExeName = Adobe Flash Builder 4.7.app
                        Installed: 2
                        Running: 0
                        Groups = (no groups defined)
                        • 9. Re: extension manager problem
                          Carl Sun Level 4

If you did install complete CS6 cloud suite then it's very strange that there is no product information (DW, PS, ID, ...) in the PCD except Extension Manager and Flash Builder. This is why none of products show up in Extension Manager. Even if you moved/renamed the product installation folder, we should have found the out-of-dated product information instead of nothing. How did you install those products? Have you made any changes to them after installation?

• 10. Re: extension manager problem
                            ngdurbx Level 1

I appreciate the time and attention in discussing this problem, but can we not dwell on what may or may not have happened in the past year since install, and rather focus on a solution that fixes the problem: can I repair/rebuild the PCD? If so, how? Does this require a complete re-install? If so, does a complete re-install require a prior uninstall? As Creative Cloud is apparently the future for everyone, knowing the fix seems more important than the cause. Thanks!

• 11. Re: extension manager problem
                              Carl Sun Level 4

The PCD information is in “/Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps/pdb.db”. It’s a SQLite database, you can google a free SQLite GUI tool to open it. If all information are there only a few values are wrong, you can correct them directly. But unfortunately  if all product information are missing, I am not sure whether there is a way to add them conveniently. I am afraid you have to re-install these products.

• 12. Re: extension manager problem
                                iDidge Level 1

Hi,

Thanks all of you for your reponses. For myself, I've fixed the problem (only photoshop wasn't appearing in the products list of Extension manager).

Re-installing EM didn't fix it but re-installing Photoshop did.

I've uninstalled PSD, keeping the prefs and installed again…

Large smile is now on my face.

DC