3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2013 2:12 PM by Peter Spier

InDesign Cs6 stopped working

mae_tic

I always used InDesign (and the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite) without any problems. At one point I got an error message "Adobe InDesign has stopped working". I de-installed it and used the Adobe Cleaning tool to get clean the old info. I re-installed the latest version (CS6), but now it still starts with that same error message, I don't even get the chance to open a new document! I ran my antivirus (again), but no funny things going on. What to do??

• 1. Re: InDesign Cs6 stopped working
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

OS? Any other error message or indications of what went wrong? Are you running from an Administrator account? Do you use a font manager (name and version)?

• 2. Re: InDesign Cs6 stopped working
            mae_tic Level 1

Thanks for replying! But I already found my solution! After a few weeks of frustration and putting this message online I found out that it was the default printer that caused the error. Normally I use a printer from my university network as my default printer, but this caused the error since the computer is not always connected to that network. Now I put the Microsoft XPS Document Writer as default and everything works fine.

I run the Adobe Creative Suite CS6 on Windows 7, my error log showed the following:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 8.0.0.370, time stamp: 0x4f72c3ee

Faulting module name: AGM.dll, version: 4.26.18.19553, time stamp: 0x4f3a0265

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0024d0cd

Faulting process id: 0x1508

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce4905ac3f0ca2

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\AGM.dll

Report Id: 211d7fdd-b4f9-11e2-bd34-e02a822ba99d

• 3. Re: InDesign Cs6 stopped working
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The error log does show that you need to run the 8.0.1 update, though.  Glad you figured out it was the printer.