7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2007 12:03 PM by fermp

button trouble when uploading on my mac

photogirl_78
      Hi,

I'm definitely more used to html websites, and I've been trying to incorporate more flash content into my stuff. I recently tried to make my site, completely with flash. It acts so funny & I know its some small actionscript that I have no clue about, but when I go to click each button on the site. It works when I export it and play it on my computer, or even on a pc, but on my mac, once I upload it to the site, the button does not coordinate with what it is supposed to. I'm so frusterated I could scream. I've spent countless hours trying to research this. PLEASE HELP.

My site is: www.erinwallace.net
      to email me directly it is: erin@erinwallace.net

Thank you in advance to all who will take on this challenge.
        • 1. Re: button trouble when uploading on my mac
          fermp Level 1
          A Flash file will play the same across platforms, its the Flash player that is doing the work (not your mac or your ibm). What this leads me to believe is that the version of Flash Player on your mac is an older one than on your IBM. Try updating your Flash player on the mac and see if that helps.
          • 2. Re: button trouble when uploading on my mac
            photogirl_78 Level 1
            i have a brand new macbook pro & i also had a friend who has a mac check it out. its doing the same stuff on both computers. It is definitely acting funny.
            • 3. Re: button trouble when uploading on my mac
              fermp Level 1
              If you get a chance go to the Adobe site and make sure you have the latest Flash Player installed. Unless there is some odd bug in Flash, and you found it, your Flash file will play the same if you are using the most up to date player. A brand new computer right out of the box might have taken months to get to you after they installed the software.

If you still have a problem after you make sure you have the most up to date player on your mac please post the code you are using so we can see whats up :)
              • 4. Re: button trouble when uploading on my mac
                photogirl_78 Level 1
                thanks, I did this right after I read your last post, just to be sure, and unfortunately its still acting strange.

I'm not sure if you can read the html source under www.erinwallace.net, that is what I'm "using" I guess. The only other thing I have each little button programed as

on (release) {
                gotoAndStop(12... or whatever# I have the images to see);
                }
                • 5. Re: button trouble when uploading on my mac
                  fermp Level 1
                  Aha! gotoAndStop... Try this. Instead of using gotoAndStop use gotoAndPlay(12) or whatever. on the timeline put a stop(); command 1 frame after the frame you want, if that makes any sense. Basically what will happen is the playhead will jump to frame 12 continue to frame 13 and then stop but it wont bug out the timeline and mess things up. gotoAndStop tends to be very buggy, at least in my experience with it. By using gotoAndPlay you can avoid this. I'm not really sure why gotoAndStop has problems but I have solved it in the past by just changing it to gotoAndPlay.

Hope this helps.
                  • 6. Re: button trouble when uploading on my mac
                    photogirl_78 Level 1
                    Well, it didn't work. I'm bummed. Maybe I should changed it to next frame and it'll work better. I don't know.
                    Its like after a few minutes it works it kinks out, but until then you push the button and the images will come up at the wrong spot or the wrong way.
                    • 7. Re: button trouble when uploading on my mac
                      fermp Level 1
                      hmmm. very interesting. Is there a way you can send me the file to my email or post it someplace I can download it from if its too big for email? I can take a look and see whats up.