Here is the solution that finally worked for me (for Mac). An extension of a previous suggestion.
After many MANY hours of frustration and trying to figure this out, I followed these steps in another post. For whatever reason, I tried this entire process 4 times and it finally took! So, if you are suffereing the same frustration, as I did, follow these steps. I would be sure that all previous extension/echange downloads are deleted first...and all their duplicates. If it still doesnt work, do it again:
- In the Applications folder locate the Extension Manager CS6 folder and open.
- Trash the Adobe Extension Manager CS6.
- Download a fresh copy of the Adobe Extension Manager CS6 fromhttp://download.macromedia.com/pub/dw_exchange/extension_manager/mac/A dobeExtensionManager6.0All.dmg
- Install Extension Manager
- Download the 6.0.2 update from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/dw_exchange/extension_manager/mac/A dobeExtensionManager-6.0.2-mul-AdobeUpdate.dmg
- Install Update
- Open Adobe Application Manager (via any Adobe program "Update..." in its "Help" pull-down.
- Check for Updates and 6.0.4 should be available. Install.
It seems that Extension Manager thinks that you have two Adobe Exchange panels installed. From your screenshot I see the following:
Adobe Exchange 0.9.3
I would not expect to see this. Could you uninstall both of these panels from Extension Manager, then check the following directories to ensure no Exchange related files exist:
Then could you attempt to download the panel again.
Sorry for this inconvenience,