2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2013 11:35 PM by claursen

Symbol disappear from stage after being created from an image

claursen

Ok, first, I'm a beginner with Edge here, So I might be missing some obvious solution.

I want to create a button. I simply change an image to symbol (as I want to animate the buttons).

Once I do that and test it in preview, the symbol is gone. It never comes back. It's not put to

'hide'. It's in the timeline...

What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Symbol disappear from stage after being created from an image
          Zaxist Level 4

can you post your code and some detail about your symbol and object here Plz ?

• 2. Re: Symbol disappear from stage after being created from an image
            claursen Level 1

Hi Zaxist,

Thanks for wanting to help! I was going put up the project but first I wanted to trouble shooting one last time.

and... i got it to work!

I'll put the problem here in case someone runs into this issue as a beginner.

Steps to trouble shoot:

There was no code put into the button, Just a simple button.

I closed the project and made a new project just with an image and created the symbol. It worked. It was still there.

Then I went back to the project. Turn off every layer except the symbol that disappeared. When everything was turned off, I ran the preview again and the symbol was back! Then I turned each layer back on, one by one... doing previews each step. It kept showing until the last part. then it disappeared again. I then looked at the symbol closely to compare what was different from the other layers.

It was that every other layer used % instead of px at the position. The symbol used px as position and basicly jumped outside the stage.

Silly mistake but I am started to understand Edge Animate. It seems that if you use %, it's best to keep consistant with it and not mix % and px in position/sizes for the layers.