5 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2013 3:26 PM by A.T. Romano

Youtube video upload problem - blank section at bottom of video

galadial

Hi All

I'm trying to upload a video to youtube from a screen video capture (rocksmith) but everytime I upload the whole video has been vertically shifter by approx. 20% leaving a black blank area at the bottom.  Any idea on how I sort this?

cheers

Peter

• 1. Re: Youtube video upload problem - blank section at bottom of video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

The answers are in the details. So what is needed here includes:

a. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what operating system is Premiere Elements?

b. Are you uploading a Premiere Elements generated file to YouTube at the YouTube web site or uploading a Premiere Elements Timeline to YouTube directly from within the Premiere Elements project in the share section online YouTube? If the latter, what YouTube preset are you selecting? Also, if the latter, what is the Premiere Elements project preset and what are the properties of your source media (including video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, file extension, etc).

Let us start here and then determine what next, if necessary?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Youtube video upload problem - blank section at bottom of video
            galadial Level 1

HI there – ths for the reply.  a)     Premiere elements 11 b)     Screen video was captured with bandicam (unreg) mpeg-1 1280x720 ; external video ms handicam WMA 1280x720; audio WMA 128kbps.  I then uploaded directly to youtube from my timeline using the presets (both flash and HD presets) with the same problem.  The video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9GmXV4tHFM c)     To make the video I imported all three files into timeline, aligned them, cropped the lifecam file, moved it to the upper splitscreen, and made it 50% opaque. d)     I don’t know what the preset is for premiere – this is the first video that I’ve made – so the default one I guess.  I also don’t know what compression level I’ve used – maybe someone can help me out there? Pete

• 3. Re: Youtube video upload problem - blank section at bottom of video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Have you read Cubicleslave2's recent thread on experiences with the Bandicam footage?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1204417?tstart=0

What is your Premiere Elements 11 project preset? Are you or the program setting it?

Assuming that before you upload to YouTube from within Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Online/YouTube AND that your playback of your rendered Timeline looks OK, then I suspect here is the problem:

a. You have 1280 x 720 (16:9) video and you are settling for YouTube Presets: = whatever is there, probably Flash Video for YouTube which is 640 x 480 4:3 @ 30 frames per second.

So first thing to try is to upload using Presets = High Definition Video for YouTube which represents 1920 x 1080 16:9.

If that does not work, we can explore another possibilities, including exporting the Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then uploading that at the YouTube web site, not from Premiere Elements 11 and its Publish+Share/Online/YouTube.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Youtube video upload problem - blank section at bottom of video
                galadial Level 1

Tried theHD upload and no luck, but, as you correctly mentioned, saving the project to the hard drive and uploading from there to youtube directly fixed the problem.  Next time I'll try CamStudio and see if the problem persists.  ONLY problem now is to figure out why this forum won't let me use paragraphs!

• 5. Re: Youtube video upload problem - blank section at bottom of video
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Thanks for the follow up.

For the last 15 minutes or so, I have been having a bad time in posting. Keep seeing an Internal Error Message for the web site. Perhaps someone is at work at the web level here?

Please update on your Premiere Elements projects progress when you get a chance.

Congratulations on you success.

Thanks.

ATR