2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2006 2:00 PM by HughisHere

External MP3 plays back too fast

HughisHere
      Hi,
      I entered a previous post and said that my External MP3 was not working with Flash 8.0. I tried a longer sound wave and what it appears to be that the sound wave is playing back but at a high speed that is unintelligeble.

Does the MP3 file need to be converted or formated in a certain way to use as an External MP3. I have imported the exact same MP3 file and it works with no problem in embedded mode.

thanks,
      hugh
        • 1. Re: External MP3 plays back too fast
          Level 7

> I entered a previous post and said that my External MP3 was not working with
          > Flash 8.0. I tried a longer sound wave and what it appears to be that the
          > sound wave is playing back but at a high speed that is unintelligeble.
          >
          > Does the MP3 file need to be converted or formated in a certain way to use as
          > an External MP3. I have imported the exact same MP3 file and it works with no
          > problem in embedded mode.

Hi

Audio that sound like Chipmunks is cause by inappropriate bit rate.

it's best to use 16-bit 22 kHz mono sounds (stereo uses twice as much data as mono), but Flash can
          import either 8- or 16-bit sounds at sample rates of 11, 22, or 44 kHz.

--
          Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006 :)

<urami>
          http://www.Flashfugitive.com
          </urami>

<web junk free>
          http://www.firefox.com
          </web junk free>
          • 2. Re: External MP3 plays back too fast
            HughisHere Level 1
            Urami,
            One Super Thank you.

I was using 32 bit, I guess thinking it would improve quality. 16 bit at 22kHz works great.

By the way, I have a major Flash Lite 2.0 app close to completion and I was never happy with the tinny sound of sound bytes. I have not tried it yet but I would not be surprised if switching to 16 bit for the cell app will improve the sound of that also.

So thanks twice,
            hugh