4 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2013 8:42 AM by Chris Cox
      • 1. Re: CROPPING and SAVING makes images disappear
        Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You need to explain better. What exactly do you do? What system?

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CROPPING and SAVING makes images disappear
          Manzanita45 Level 1

I have Mac OS 10.7.5 and Photoshop CS5 Extended. I cropped both a jpeg and tif file/photo

and then saved it - save as and/or save - and the image disappeared. The only thing that was visible was the file title with .jpeg or.tif extension, and the gray box or outline that goes around the image, but also some of the images the thumbnail image was gone too - just a title was visible on the desktop screen where I saved it. Are these images gone? Where are they? Where did they go and how do I get them back? And why is my crop tool and save doing this and how do I fix it?

I was able to make other corrections like using Curves to photos and saved them with no problem. Just the crop tool does makes the images do this after or before I save it

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 3. Re: CROPPING and SAVING makes images disappear
            Manzanita45 Level 1

I have OS 10.7.5, Photoshop CS 5 Extended. When I crop an image and then save it or choose yes to crop it, the image disappears. But what I think is happening is the crop feature then changes the image size down to 1 pixel for height and 1 pixel for width and .014 inches for H & W, so it makes the image disappear, so the only thing visible is the title of the image with the jpeg of tif extension and a gray box around where the image was with a dot in the middle - which is the image at 1 pixel I think.

• 4. Re: CROPPING and SAVING makes images disappear
              Level 7

Check the crop options bar - you left some values in there that you've forgotten about.