1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2013 6:08 AM by flashas3

Send text using components

flashas3

Hello All,  I just have a small issue. I have composed a message in the text input component and transferred it over to display in the text area. My only issue is the message I typed it still visible in the text input after it was sent to the text area.  I would prefer if the message was removed instantly. I have made numerous changes to fix this by altering pieces my code but nothing seems to work sadly . Anyway, this is my code below if you know of a way to fix this that be great thanks!                                               btn_Send.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, doSend, false, 0, true);                                                                                       function doSend($e:Event):void{                                                                                                                                                                  if(input_txt.text != ""){                                                                                                                                                            t_area.appendText(input_txt.text+"\n");                                                                                                                 t_area.verticalScrollPosition = t_area.maxVerticalScrollPosition;                                                                                            input_txt.text = "";                                                                                                                                                                      input_txt.setFocus();