6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 8:34 AM by resdesign

Button Status

Iorlandy Level 1

How can I work with button status on Edge Animate? I don't know how to make a button with status like over, down, up. Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Button Status
          dhosford Employee Moderator

Hi there,

It sounds like you're trying to make button rollovers and other button events. There's a great guide for button actions in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4909023#4909023

In that thread, I highlighted how to do a hover action for a button. The process is the same for other events, but instead of choosing "mouseover" in the button's "Open Actions" panel, you would choose "mousedown" or "mouseup".

If you need additional help let me know, I can also provide a sample file if you need me to.

Thank you!

• 2. Re: Button Status
            Iorlandy Level 1

Hello

Thanks so much... I wanna try this, but I'm new in edge animate... so, i have been doing tutorials and reading a lot... but if you can get me a sample I would appreciate...

Bye.

• 3. Re: Button Status
              dhosford Employee Moderator

Hi there,

Welcome to Edge Animate! : ) I went ahead and made a sample file for you, you can download it by clicking the image below:

buttonActions.png

I'm not sure how far along you are in your learning, so forgive me if any of this is confusing. The file has a button inside of it and that button is a Symbol (similar to a Movie Clip if you are familiar with Flash). If you double click the Symbol on the Stage, you can go inside of it to see all of the animation and how it is set up. I will also post back with a step-by-step on how to achieve this.

I hope this helps! Hopefully my step-by-step post will be a good supplement to this as well.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Button Status
                Iorlandy Level 1

Hi, how are you?

First, thank you for help... Well, I try to see your sample, but, I cannot open it..  say page not found.

• 5. Re: Button Status
                  Corrie1000 Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to see the sample too but it says page not found - can anyone upload a button example with a simple hover and down state please?

Thanks

• 6. Re: Button Status
                    resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Here is a sample. Click and mouse down  events act the same so I put the code in mouse down for this demo.

button events.zip - Box