6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2007 11:18 AM by SafariTECH

MIAW in OSX 10.4 Intel

SafariTECH Level 1
      I have an application that opens a MIAW at the onset, but it is invisible. We do this so the window does not have to load each time it is called, we never actually "forget the MIAW" we just close it.

My problem is that on our OSX test machine (OSX 10.4 Intel Mac Mini) the MIAW always shows up as a white square and never disappears. When the MIAW is called and opened, it appears as normal, but when it is closed it goes back to being a white square.

Admittedly we have only ever developed PC applications, as there has been no request by any client to include mac users. This is our first, and we only test on the Mac platforms - we develop on PC.

Aside from the weird MIAW the software runs more-or-less normally on the Mac.

Is this normal on Macs? is there a workaround?

• 1. Re: MIAW in OSX 10.4 Intel
          Level 7
          I have not seen that myself, but as a quick workaround, you could, in
          addition to closing the window, move it to a point like (-1000,-1000).
          That should take care of it. I believe you can move a MIAW using the
          loc and/or the rect. So use whichever is convenient for you. Just
          remember to add the code in to the places where you open the window so
          that it moves it back to a visible location.
          • 2. Re: MIAW in OSX 10.4 Intel
            SafariTECH Level 1
            Thanks for the answer Mike. I knew about moving the MIAW using LOCv/h but was hoping not to have to. I'm more curious as to why the MIAW is not invisible on this platform.

Just seems weird. :-)

Any other Intel mac OSX users see this?
            • 3. Re: MIAW in OSX 10.4 Intel
              McFazstp
              I have an app that launches a MIAW at startup and just opens it when required as you have described but have never seen the white square. What window type is it? And what window type is the projector? Full screen?
              • 4. Re: MIAW in OSX 10.4 Intel
                Level 7
                I've seen this when using cpuhogticks set at the max integer, if your using
                this, get rid of it or set it lower.. Also try an updatestage after hiding
                the window.

Timm

• 5. Re: MIAW in OSX 10.4 Intel
                  SafariTECH Level 1
                  quote:

Originally posted by: McFazstp
                  I have an app that launches a MIAW at startup and just opens it when required as you have described but have never seen the white square. What window type is it? And what window type is the projector? Full screen?

Projector is a standard window (something like 700x400), not fullscreen.
                  MIAW is a standard default MIAW, nothing tricky set on it aside from changing the window title and setting it to be off.

quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                  I've seen this when using cpuhogticks set at the max integer, if your using
                  this, get rid of it or set it lower.. Also try an updatestage after hiding
                  the window.

Timm

I'm not using cpuhogticks, but I will try the updateStage idea.

• 6. Re: MIAW in OSX 10.4 Intel
                    SafariTECH Level 1
                    I figured out the problem - it wasn't actually the MIAW itself, but the actual browser control in it. For some reason, when you close the MIAW but don't forget it, it leaves a whitespace floating in the air where the control should be.

Thanks for your insight. Sometimes just bouncing ideas off of other people makes the process easier.