2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2013 8:06 AM by Josh_Corey

Searching for "File Attachment" button

choibotea

I am now owning this program named "Adobe Acrobat Pro XI" and it is a paid version. When I want to make a PDF form using FormsCentral of it, it does not show "File Attachment" button on "Add Item" menubar. I have been searching for this button everywhere till now, never been succeeded. Could anybody tell me where this button is? I need it for the respondents to insert files only* in the field or box whatever it is called instead of texts.

• 1. Re: Searching for "File Attachment" button
          yingzhou Level 1

Hi,

In general, all of the features within FormsCentral will work with the PDF forms you create. However, file attachment can’t work in PDF forms. You can find more information from http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2013.

Now you can use web form to collect responses.

Go to distribute tab ->click Email link button or copy link to your email, and send out your email to your form filler. The form filler open the link in browser, then will be able to upload the file attachment and submit.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ying

• 2. Re: Searching for "File Attachment" button
            Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi,

I wanted to add a little more detail to what Ying shared - in order to set up the form to distribute on the Web you would have to be signed into FormsCentral.  When you are signed in and looking at the Design tab of your form there is a "Page View" drop down in the bottom right, when you click it and select "Web View" the forms tools on the "Add Item" toolbar will show all of the options available in web forms, including "Attachment". 

Both Web View and Page View settings are used in the same form, you can define page breaks differently for PDF and for Web using these two different views, and in the Page View the features not supported in PDF are not shown.

Thanks,

Josh