3 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2013 6:29 PM by A.T. Romano

How do you obtain in a video sequence a lot of image

langme

Hello

i use Adobe premiere element 10.

When i add my gopro video on the timeline, i would like to obtain a lot of image of this sequence.

How do you do ?

thx

• 1. Re: How do you obtain in a video sequence a lot of image
          A.T. Romano Level 7

langme

Whatever is on the Timeline needs to be exported for use in another project. You cannot import a project (project.prel file) into another project (project.prel file).

Premiere Elements (any version) does not have sequence feature as has Premiere Pro.

So, please let us know if we have targeted your question.

Are you asking about export choices for your Premiere Elements 10 Windows Timeline? If so, please supply further details, including project preset, source media properties (video/audio compression, frame size, frame rate, file extension, duration, and such) as well as how you intend to export...to file saved to computer hard drive or to disc DVD or Blu-ray.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do you obtain in a video sequence a lot of image
            langme Level 1

i created a project in adode premiere element 10.

i added a gopro video with format .mp4 .

i just want to cut some images of this video.

(but i didn't have in my sequence a preview of each image on timeline.)

in this case it is better cutting images.

• 3. Re: How do you obtain in a video sequence a lot of image
              A.T. Romano Level 7

langme

Please review the following to determine if this is the type of information that you are looking for that will help you with your project goal:

1. Open Premiere Elements 10 and set the project preset so that it matches the properties of your source media. The project preset will direct the program to set up the correct space in the Edit Mode Monitor from which to edit.

2. Use Get Media/Files and Folders to bring your video into the project. DO NOT DRAG THE VIDEO TO THE TIMELINE.

3. Double click the video thumbnail in Project Media to open the Preview Window that has SetIn and SetOut points. Note the Timeline Indicator there. It has a blue head on a red stem. You are going to split out the clips that you want from that video and drag the clips to the Timeline where you can view the sequence in the playback in the Edit Mode Monitor.

a.In the Preview Window, move the Indicator to the start of the first clip that you want. Click on the SetIn button. Then move the Indicator to the end of this first clip that you want. Click on the SetOut button. With your mouse cursor, drag from the Preview Window monitor image to the Timeline, placing your split out clip there.

b. Repeat until you have all the split out clips that you want. As a habit, after the last split clip is on the Timeline and before I close the Preview Window, I move the Indicator to the start of the Timeline and click on the SetIn and then move the Indicator to the end of the video there and clip on SetOut. Then I close the Preview Windows.

c.You can view the sequence of clips on the Timeline by pressing the Play Button of the Edit Mode Monitor while you still have the Preview Window open.

If that sounds like something you want to do, I can also give you how to make subclips as well during this process. The subclips are copies of your split clips on the Timeline. These subclips become part of the project in the Project Media area. More on that another time if necessary.

Please review. We will watch for your comments and results.

Thank you.

ATR